Line6 crunchtone or Ibanez TS9

dimitriherremandimitriherreman Posts: 115
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Gonna get a pedal from my parents , don't know which one to pick .
The line6 or TS9
Tested them bouth , but I can't figure it out which one to choose.
Do you guys have any idea ??
maybe about the quality of the pedals ?? Comparing the line6 or ts9 ?
Ofcourse in the guitarshop they say that the TS9 the best opinion is , but thats just because its more expensive than the line6...
Anyway , some of you had experience wwith one of the pedals ??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It has to work with your amp, there is no really better pedal.

The crunch tone is inherently more flexible.

The TS9 is a 1 or 2 trick pony, but they are great tricks when used properly.

what is your set up?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    for the love of PJ, get the ts-9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i got one about a month ago, and its amazing.
    sure, it is a one trick pony, but what else would you want an OD pedal to do anyway?
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Pfft , my english sucks :(
    Trick pony ????
    OD- pedal , euh...the ts9 - or crunchtone pedal is alreay fine to me.
    (explain to me -> OD ? Trick Pony ?)

I have a washburn guitar and a Vox DA15 amp
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Pfft , my english sucks :(
    Trick pony ????
    OD- pedal , euh...the ts9 - or crunchtone pedal is alreay fine to me.
    (explain to me -> OD ? Trick Pony ?)

I have a washburn guitar and a Vox DA15 amp

I'm not sure you really need either. You might be able to get crunchier sounds by using a footswitch with your amp to change between the amplifier channels.

Don't worry about your english sucking, my spanish/everything else is far worse.

TS9 is essentially a great pedal for clean to moderately dirty tube amps. It adds midrange (fatness) essentially and a volume boost to make the tubes work a little harder and bring out those harmonics we all like. Some people love them, some people passionately hate them, they don't work as well with already warm sounding amps.

The cool thing about your amp is the reactive power circuit that works with the preamp tube, it might sound ok with a TS9 but generally that's the wrong type of amp to use them in. TS9's don't play all that well with solid state amps to begin with and it's slightly less than remarkable generally.

The amp sounds awesome on it's own. I'd try to get crunchier sounds by getting a footswitch for it first.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks for youre response paco.
    I think a footswitch is a pedal too ??? But you can switch between the crunch and clean on my amp ???
    That would reaaallly reaaaaly be great , cause my amp has great possibilities.
    If i need to go from clean to crunch know , i have to turn the knob , en between clean and crunch , you have : clean 2 , blues , blus1 , blues3 .
    So I get all that sounds first :D really funny sometimes.
    Is it something like that ?? Or am i (again) totally wrong
    yeah, it's a pedal. It changes between channel 1 and 2 on your amp.

clean and dirty. I think the model you need should also be available through your local dealer. shouldn't cost more than about 30 dollars.

here it is.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-VFS2-Footswitch?sku=421520

for the record, it's probably better than either of the above for you at the moment because you can assign the channels and switch on and off the effects while you are playing.

So if you want clean one and blues 2 you can get that or 2 hi gain sounds etc.

and your parents are happy because they save $75.
  • I'm happy , Parent's happy , everybody happy ( except my sister and the dog , but I don't care )
    The manuel of my amp I can figure out in parts , so if i get the footswitch , I just have to put my style on clean , and write it on channel 1 , and then go to crunch and write it in chanel 2 ? ( or other styles ofcourse)
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    usually u just push a button on the amp and it switches itself, what the hell kind of amp do u have????
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • I have a vox DA15 ,It has a turnknob on it , just for pratice at home
    seanw1010 wrote:
    usually u just push a button on the amp and it switches itself, what the hell kind of amp do u have????

yeah you can do that too, but you can't change while you are playing.

The footswitch frees up your hands.

Part of the point of a modelling amp is to be able to have all you need in one box, the footswitch just enables you to use the amps features on the fly.
  • I can't do that , switching on my amp , though so far I know.
    I just tryed to do something with ch1 and ch2 , and to switch , by pressing the firt or seconds knob , but that doesnt work .
    http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/da/da15.htm

this is your amp right?

You just plug the footswitch in to the footswitch jack on the back and go to town.
  • Yup that is my amp , go to town ???
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Yup that is my amp , go to town ???
    "go to town" - have fun with it

"one trick pony" - not very versatile in what it can do.

:)

Can't remember how to say 'you're welcome' in german.. isn't it just 'bitte' ?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Aha , thank you for the explanation pearljam and toast :)