Acoustic guitar

dimitriherremandimitriherreman Posts: 115
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi ,

I have a question about an acoustic guitar.
My friend sells his acoustic guitar , it's a "Takamine".
He doesn't know the specific edition or serie , but he sells it for like 50 euro
(little less than 50 $).
Should i buy this guitar or isn't it a good guitar or is the quality low ,
or maybe just the opposite???
The guitar is only 2 a 3 months old , but not bought in a musicstore.
He bought it in a cd-shop and they have sometimes electric or acoustic guitars.

Or should i save money to buy a new acoustic guitar ???
But I don't think you have one for only 50 euro...

Thank you , Dimitri
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    A Takamine for 50 euros :eek:

Buy it, or I will!

sure all depends on the series, but you cannot go wrong with a Takamine, definitely not if it's under 50 euros. And even more so if it's just your first guitar.

How much did your friend pay?
  • Don't know , I think around 100 euros , maybe 150 ?? I gonna ask him tomorrow in school.
    But I'm gonna check the guitar out , maybe i see a number or something on the guitar , gonna write it on a paper an I'm going to show it In the local musicstore and ask them what they think about it.

So a Takamine for 50 euros is a good deal ?? ( could it be fake ??? )
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    to give you an idea, look at these prices:

http://www.kapaza.be/results/index.cfm?country=&q=takamine&x=0&y=0&sid=565

So yes, even if it's a lower quality series, you still have a very good beginners guitar in your hands I would say.

But write down the series and let us know.
  • Okey , those prices are not the cheapest , they go up to 700 euros.
    I surrtenley will let you know witch serie it is , but now that I've seen those prices , what's are the chances that I give 50 euros for a fake ???

And mmy friend don't know anything about guitars , I bet he don't know , like you said , It's such a good guitar.

But I don't want to give 50 euros for a fake , maybe I ask him to show the guitar in the musicstore , I'm a customer there , bought my amp an electric guitar there , so maybe they don't make it an issue i ask them about some information for another guitar.

Does those Takamine guitars have a certain logo or someting else ???
    somehing that show that it is an original guitar ???
  • Damn , just called the guy , he selled it two days ago to a friend of his sister.
    Shit , this really sucks :(

BTW : thanks for the information and help ....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Damn , just called the guy , he selled it two days ago to a friend of his sister.
    Shit , this really sucks :(

BTW : thanks for the information and help ....

Sorry to hear that.
    I would have taken the chance and paid the 50 for it.
    Even if it was the lowest end guitar Takamine makes, it would probably still be a pretty decent beginner guitar.

I have a friend who bought a used Tak. from a co-worker (who knew nothing about guitars). He simply told my friend that it was used and a little "beat up". My buddy checked it out. He told me that a) It had just a couple scratches on the pick guard...which is normal for a used guitar b) The guy was selling it for $100 c) The guitar was at least worth $600-$700 if purchased at a music store.
    Needless to say he bought it, played it for a bit (he's got much nicer acoustics in his guitar library) and sold it for $500.