how do i compress the cymbles

scottyricescottyrice Posts: 5
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
has anyone heard the radiohead song when the compress the drums almost as a sound effect on some of there songs well ive been doing a bit of my own recording on an old 4-track tape recorder and im am trying to work out how i can get a simerler effect to work on my verses because i dont like the way the cymbles ring in this one track and iwould like to try that but i have hade no luck any ideas please!! thankyou
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• scottyrice wrote:
    has anyone heard the radiohead song when the compress the drums almost as a sound effect on some of there songs well ive been doing a bit of my own recording on an old 4-track tape recorder and im am trying to work out how i can get a simerler effect to work on my verses because i dont like the way the cymbles ring in this one track and iwould like to try that but i have hade no luck any ideas please!! thankyou

your going to need some outboard gear, i would get a gate/compresser unit, then set the levels accordingly to get the best sound.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Try a RNC. It's cheap, and sounds as good as units costing 7-8 times as much IMHO.