Even Flow Solo Tab Help

ballgameballgame Posts: 201
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Even Flow Solo Tab Help

Hi, Mike starts his solo with this lick I want to learn. Its from the Barcelona Spain 5-25-2000 show. I can either email you the individual song or you can download from the link below. Im sorry you would have to download to help me, sorry to ask you guys to do that.

2 questions
1) What is the tuning for Even flow? I know Mike plays standard but Ive read interviews where Mike says Stone is in a D tuning? Is that all string one step down? Drop D?

2) How to play this lick? It starts a 2:38-2:46. Right after that Mike does a lick he always uses. If anyone knows that I would appreciate it.

Someone that knows this stuff should start a thread of licks Mike plays

Thank in advance for your help. I appreciate that you would DL this show to help me

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

#2 Barcelona, Spain - May 25th 2000
Disc 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1ASTT6TP
Disc 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3AXDYOPP
Set 1 Long Road, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Even Flow, Nothing As it Seems, Light Years, Given To Fly, Insignificance, Daughter/(The Wrong Child), Rearviewmirror, I Got Id, Thin Air, Black, Better Man, Do The Evolution, Alive
Encore 1 Grievance, State Of Love And Trust, Wishlist, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Go
Encore 2 Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ballgame wrote:
    What is the tuning for Even flow? I know Mike plays standard but Ive read interviews where Mike says Stone is in a D tuning? Is that all string one step down? Drop D?
    howdy,

even flows in open D
    1st, 2nd and 6th string down whole step
    3rd string down half step.

i've sent you a pm that will help you out with how to tune properly in more detail.

sorry i can't help with the solo. i just improvise my friend. make it your own.
  • ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    got it! Thanks

All my fav tunes have weird tunings
    You Are
    Faithfull
    Present Tense

Ill tune up and try it. Thanks for the PM and post

I really like that lick he does, Ive never heard him play that and Ive heard about 50 PJ shows (bootlegs)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    ballgame wrote:
    Even Flow Solo Tab Help

Hi, Mike starts his solo with this lick I want to learn. Its from the Barcelona Spain 5-25-2000 show.

hey that's my favorite Evenflow solo!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    hey that's my favorite Evenflow solo!

awesome, now we're talking! So you knwo the lick Im talking about. Ive never heard that before. Have you?

He usually starts the solo with a big bend and let it feedback. But this is a pentatonic lick that repeats.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    ballgame wrote:
    awesome, now we're talking! So you knwo the lick Im talking about. Ive never heard that before. Have you?

He usually starts the solo with a big bend and let it feedback. But this is a pentatonic lick that repeats.

actually he starts a couple of the 2000 tour solos by wailing a lick similar to the Barcelona one.

Another cool thing about this Barcelona Evenflow solo is toward the end when Stone re-enters the fray, he plays a riff similar to the riff in Devil Went Down To Georgia.......the part where "a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Ill have to go back and lsiten

Do you know how to play that lick?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ballgame wrote:
    got it! Thanks

All my fav tunes have weird tunings
    You Are
    Faithfull
    Present Tense

Ill tune up and try it. Thanks for the PM and post

I really like that lick he does, Ive never heard him play that and Ive heard about 50 PJ shows (bootlegs)

excellent and you're welcome!