Options

Two for Two

ahitchhikerinmyrvmahitchhikerinmyrvm Posts: 119
edited June 2008 in The Porch
ok, so here is a weird story...

I've been a PJ fan since Ten, been going to their shows since 1998. I am going to 4 on this tour.

Just to back up a step.... My parents are the people who got me into music - took (and still take) me to concerts, got me into Dylan, the Beatles, Springsteen, etc.... When PJ and all the other early 90s bands came out, it was the first time in my life that I was really listening to music that was not created in the 60's and 70's. While I loved it, my parents didn't. (Although they were at the Springsteen show in 2004 in NJ following the VFC Tour when Eddie showed up and played 3 songs...lucky bastards!)

Fast forward to June 2006, I finally convinced my parents to go see PJ. They love concerts and live music (Springsteen beging their all time favorite), so they just had to see PJ. So I got us tickets for the June 3, 2006 show (NJ2 at CAA). Amazing show! They loved it, even though they did not know more than 2 songs. About half way through the show, my dad's cell phone rings. He gets the call - his best friend's father had just died. Major bummer. We stayed for the rest of the show, but obviously he could no longer get into it.

So I decided to try again - to take them to a PJ show where they can go and not be interrupted. Or so we thought. I got us tickets to the June 24 show at MSG (MSG1). Given what happened last time, we even joked going into the concert that they should turn off their phones during the show just in case. Awesome show! Then, about half way through the show, his cell phone rings again. Shit! This time he finds out that my mom's best friend's (wife of my dad's best friend) mother had just died. Huge bummmer!! Show ruiner.

How crazy is that? What are the chances?

So my parents are now forbidden from seeing Pearl Jam ever again (every body has told them that), which sucks, but is it worth the risk?

Just so weird....I just had to share....
coming up

MSG 1
Ringo the next night in Boston
Hartford
Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...