Apologies to everyone in M&G

ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I wanted to apologize to everyone in Musicians & Gearheads.
I'm sorry you've all had to put up with the Derogatory BS that's taken place between myself and Lucy.

I believe the animosity started when I expressed my distaste for gear collectors collecting purely for profit. I believe Dissident and Lucy took exception to my view, which I have to say was unexpected, but completely fine. Hey, it's a public forum and you're entitled to your view. I still believe instruments should be played, not collected for profit, but hey whatever, do what you will (no need to prove yourself, no one has to like you for it) . . .

The Second incident happened when Lucy disparaged me to the "questionable spammer" - http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283429. Note that I didn't start the thread or the spam remarks, and only agreed with other posts in the beginning “uhmm, yeah, go away :p” (note the playful tongue), yet Lucy felt fit to single me out as inconsequential - hence my ura jerk/asshole remark (quite literally how I felt) - then he taunted me . . . a real jerk move, but I blew it off.

This last time was my mistake as I poked fun at the use of an extended vocabulary - I say my mistake because I posted the remark to Lucy when it was actually meant for StuffnJunk . . . Stuff busted my chops about the same thing a few months prior, and I was "in jest" cuffing him back. I apologized, but Lucy felt inclined to call me twinks (a FAG) for my mistake - There's no backtracking - he did what he did, and we all know that he didn't mean a nougat filled snack. Then he tried to make an issue of me having an un-clickable website link in my SIGNATURE (not seeing the difference between a signature and the spam that we clashed about earlier - I think not).
Let’s clear this up once and for all, I’ve never tried to push my MySpace on anyone (please tell me if you feel that I am) - you do actually have to copy and paste my website (if you see it) - but that's kind of irrelevant since I also contribute to this forum. Therefore my question is, if the un-clickable website in my signature is spam, then wouldn’t everyone's signature be considered spam. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like he’s nit picking a bit to try and discount me again (that's twice now).

I don't know what it is about me that gets Lucy seeing red, but he obviously has a problem with me - Maybe it’s with my outspoken nature, maybe it’s my knowledge of gear or my views on gear ownership, or maybe his animosity stems from the fact that While I’ve made my living/career in music (as a guitarist and session player), he has to live out his music fantasies at Band Camp with a coach (there’s a jab). Or maybe he just has issues (I know I do). Many musicians are innately unhappy people - most have issues, thus why there are so many addicts in this business (lets hope that everyone here is able to keep this to a minimum). I'm not known for being the most tactful person, so if I ever post anything that comes off offensive, I do apologize - please PM me and we'll talk - I'm personable, I swear (as I'm sure quite a few others can attest to, Lucy excluded).

Again, I apologize to everyone in the M&G forum for having to sift through this BS - there's really no need to respond to this as I won't address any remarks unless it's PM'd to me - but thanks for the interest - again apologies to the folks in this forum.
Cheers . . .

- Ian
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
<b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I just think it's great when our members, such as yourself, are big enough to admit when they're wrong and sensible enough to realize that it is just an internet chat board. We're here to talk about music. If we didn't have some differing views, this would be a pretty boring place.

In any case, glad that you guys can (hopefully?) work out your differences and focus on what really matters.

Pie! :D
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    If all you've done on the board is promote your band and not contribute anything, it's pretty much spam but if you're constantly going above and beyond the call and helping fellow musicians out, I see no reason why you can't promote your band. Also, make it clear in your thread title that you're promoting your band. Ian, you're totally fine, man.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Haha, better not link to me spammage.

Yes, er, whatever this thread is about, I concur.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I must've missed the ruckus. let's all get along. I've got good info from you and lucylespian over time and respect both opinions. no need to be assholes to each other....there are plenty enough assholes on Moving Train forum.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I must've missed the ruckus. let's all get along. I've got good info from you and lucylespian over time and respect both opinions.

+1
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    well Ian, you and I have had beef in the past, but we seem to have cleared it up and developed a mutual respect and become "friends" (as much as you can in this computer world)...so let that be a lesson to all

but i think WE are ALL guilty of being "internet tough guys" at times.....that seems to be what happens when human nature meets technology - saying whatever you want to people knowing you will never meet them in person...and i personally believe conflict and violence are the primary human reactions, and peace is something that has to be worked at.....don't believe me? open a newspaper!!!! (i paraphrased that from my man kurt vonnegut)

sometimes i think it is the same even with cars - you curse at someone or give them the finger, because you are able to then speed off at 70mph!!!!!!!

but you wouldn't be so quick to do that to someone you are eye to eye with on the sidewalk

also here you can really talk/argue about specifics - every little minute detail of your favorite thing, the thing you are most passionate about, and that leads to fireworks as well

EDIT - i just looked up the thread where my name came up, interesting stuff......i love this place!

and my signature is a link to my youtube performance of "the gambler" by kenny rogers, among other nuggets...check 'em out y'all!!!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young