A Capella?

RearviewreleaseRearviewrelease Posts: 721
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone, my high school's A Capella group is just starting up, and the teacher is taking suggestions for songs. I really wanted to do a PJ song, so would any of you have any suggestions of what would sound nice as A Capella (standard, a bass, tenor, alto and soprano group). And, also, if you have any pre-arrangements of some songs, please let me know.
2006/05/25 - Boston
2008/06/30 - Mansfield
2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
2010/05/17 - Boston
2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
2012/09/02 - Made in America
2013/10/17 - Worcester
2013/10/25 - Hartford
2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
2016/08/05 - Fenway
2016/08/07 - Fenway
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Arc
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I don't think PJ is the best place to go if you're looking for A Capella songs.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • It's gonna be tough to find a good one from Pearl Jam.

The one's I could see theoretically sounding allright..

Who You Are
    Nothingman
    Off He Goes
    Low Light
    Thin Air

That's it off the top of my head, and that may be stretching it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I don't know why but Release keeps popping into my head. I would really love to hear what your acapella group could do with Release. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Jeanie wrote:
    I don't know why but Release keeps popping into my head. I would really love to hear what your acapella group could do with Release. :)

This is a great suggestion !!
    Black might also work, I can almost hear the sopranos singing Mike's solo, da da daaah da da-d-dah, with the bass harmony tying it down.
    Music is not a competetion.
    This is a great suggestion !!
    Black might also work, I can almost hear the sopranos singing Mike's solo, da da daaah da da-d-dah, with the bass harmony tying it down.

YES Lucy!! :D Black was also a consideration for me!! I think it would be amazing to hear them acapella! With a good Musical Director both songs would be excellent in this format! And I'm also thinking Garden. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Come Back
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
    Come Back

Hmmmm............like I need an excuse.............but let me put it on and ponder that idea for a minute..........................................................;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think the person who suggested Arc had the best idea.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • swans05swans05 Posts: 108
    oceans might work
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Jeanie wrote:
    YES Lucy!! :D Black was also a consideration for me!! I think it would be amazing to hear them acapella! With a good Musical Director both songs would be excellent in this format! And I'm also thinking Garden. :)

You know, if you arranged the sopranos around the room, and got each one to sing the notes to that riff in succession, you could almost mimic a rotophere, how cool would that be !!
    Music is not a competetion.
    You know, if you arranged the sopranos around the room, and got each one to sing the notes to that riff in succession, you could almost mimic a rotophere, how cool would that be !!

That would be very cool!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Thanks, guys those are all great suggestions, the ones i actually told my director about were Black, and i played her Indifference, and she said she could definitely make it work with the basses doing the line and then the tenors and altos and sopranos working with the melody. I'm ecited to see what comes out of this
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • T C HT C H Posts: 85
    i have sung in a number of singing groups and i was always planning to put together an A Capella arrangement of RVM, but i never got around to it. But if you listen to it, it could be done with the different parts taking on different instrument parts etc..
    I've got a Gibson without a case, but I can't get that even tanned look on my face...
    Thanks, guys those are all great suggestions, the ones i actually told my director about were Black, and i played her Indifference, and she said she could definitely make it work with the basses doing the line and then the tenors and altos and sopranos working with the melody. I'm ecited to see what comes out of this

So am I!!! :) So please let us know how it's going Insignificance792. Love it if you could record it and post a link. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • soon forget???

indifference

or ... can't keep??
  • My director just gave us our first two songs, You Are The New Day and (Sittin On The) Dock Of The Bay.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
    My director just gave us our first two songs, You Are The New Day and (Sittin On The) Dock Of The Bay.

Excellent choices! How are they coming along? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • All Night could be fookin' amazing, if you did it right, with the harmonies, while getting a good choral rhythm going.
  • You Are The New Day and for (Sittin On) The Dock Of The Bay my director gave me the solo.

Also, i was looking on youtube, and this group did Chicago by Sufjan Stevens and I've been desperately been trying to find an arrangement for it.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
    You Are The New Day and for (Sittin On) The Dock Of The Bay my director gave me the solo.

Also, i was looking on youtube, and this group did Chicago by Sufjan Stevens and I've been desperately been trying to find an arrangement for it.

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!! :D:D:D Congrats Insignificance!!:)

Can't really help you with the other sorry.

Keep us posted! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Lukin!