What are you diggibg ... this week ?

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
This week, Ive been noodling a lot. I had an idea that it would be groovy to make my fingers dance, like they were doling a tap dance or something, so I just "danced" around a bit.
Was listening to Death MAgnetic on home stereo for the first time, rather than in the car, and really enjoyed that. Listened to the Avocado in full today too, enjoyed that too.
Played some Gunners. I'm determined to nail the last tricky fast bit of the Sweet CHild solo, so I played wiht theat til my fingeres got sore. Learned another line of the Alive solo too. Decided that if I learn a bar a day, I'll knoclk it over in no tiem. Tghe hardest part is exactly the same lick that's holdng mer up in Sweet CHild, so I'll kill 2 birds with that stone. I have the speed, I just need to get it organised.
I've also been playing and singing Buckley's Hallelujah, which is genuine pleasure. Such beautiful tone, great lyrics, great vocal lines. I use my Gretsch through Replex delay ibnto the clean channel of IIC+, which is really crystal.
What have you ngroovers been digging ?
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    It's taken me a little while to get into their new tunes, but i've been really digging Powderfingers new 'Dream Days at the Hotel Existence' album. The tunes are more 'mellow' compared to their earlier stuff, and sometimes it feels like bernie has gone solo again, but it's suiting my mood of late and it's been easy to pick up my guitar, just chill on my own, and do my own thing you know. I've been enjoying that vibe more and more lately, rather than jamming out with the boys. That's still much fun, don't get me wrong, but i have been really enjoying just doing my own thing, in my own time and messing with my own tunes.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    open G stuff. some black crowes etc.
  • I'm doing some Christian music for a buddy of mine but, as far as what I'm listening to, at the moment it's Brandy-Have You Ever. I've been diggin a lot of hip hop/R&B mixtapes. It's crazy to hear some of those samples and the sweet guitar riffs in them. I used to tag some of them onto songs my OLD band would play at high school functions and the students went crazy bananas.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    This week it's been a lot of Foo Fighters' "In Your Honor" album and the Strokes.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Incubus' "Morning View" . . . man this album has some good tracks on it.
    I actually like everything on this album but track # 10 (Have You Ever).
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫