Vale Rick Wright

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Rick Wright from Pink Floyd passed away a few days ago. David Gilmour has a beautiful tribute in his site
http://www.davidgilmour.com/.

So sad. His music was so influential in my life and I treasure it.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i was fortunate to see pink floyd in 1975 & THE WALL show here in nassau colliseum both of those shows were mind altering experiences for me at least, he will be missed ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Rest in Peace Richard, you made some of the most beautiful music this world has ever heard.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I cannot believe how hard this has hit me. I have been such a Floyd freak since I was 14. I saw them the night DSOTM was released in a little place called the Palace Theater in Waterbury, Connecticut, and every tour after that, including The Wall in 1980. Rick Wright WAS the soul of Pink Floyd.
    I wrote in another thread last night about how I was brought to tears by Us And Them at MSG in '77 and how that was a Rick Wright song. His sound was all over every album so much, especially Wish You Were Here.
    Lucy just wrote the other day about playing Floyd tunes on his new guitar and I said to myself, "YEH, THAT'S GUITAR PLAYING!" I am so glad their stuff lives on with so many people all over the world.
    I was sad when Syd Barrett died but not like this. I loved his music but I never saw him, like I did so many times with Wright over the years in concert.
    What a shame.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Rick Wright from Pink Floyd passed away a few days ago. David Gilmour has a beautiful tribute in his site
    http://www.davidgilmour.com/.

So sad. His music was so influential in my life and I treasure it.
    His intro to sheep always gets me. So beautiful and haunting.
    RIP Rick, thanks for the memories.

'And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do; I don't mind.
    Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it—you've gotta go sometime.'
    The great gig in the sky.......
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Not much to say, but wanted to join any thread paying homage to Rick Wright. Pink Floyd was an amazing amazing band. Like any true band there are always a couple of people who get more attention than others, but as in any true band each member was absolutely and completely essential to the sound. Waters Gilmour and Mason would have been a heck of a driving power trio... but there would have been no trace of 'Pink Floyd'. The best period to my mind is the 'Meddle' thru 'Animals' stand. I know some favor the 'Waters rising' period and some think it's all about Gilmour... but without the colors chords and phrasing from Rick Wright on Keys they would have been another power trio and I doubt anyone would have noticed.

All props to Syd and his contributions to putting them on the map from the start.
  • IDgotI wrote:
    Not much to say, but wanted to join any thread paying homage to Rick Wright. Pink Floyd was an amazing amazing band. Like any true band there are always a couple of people who get more attention than others, but as in any true band each member was absolutely and completely essential to the sound. Waters Gilmour and Mason would have been a heck of a driving power trio... but there would have been no trace of 'Pink Floyd'. The best period to my mind is the 'Meddle' thru 'Animals' stand. I know some favor the 'Waters rising' period and some think it's all about Gilmour... but without the colors chords and phrasing from Rick Wright on Keys they would have been another power trio and I doubt anyone would have noticed.

All props to Syd and his contributions to putting them on the map from the start.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V