First gig report

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Wow, what a blast !!!
As kinda expected, we were the last band on.
We were pretty amped, and tore into the first song, but the lead singers vocal mike crapped out, and she could not hear herself.
Didn't matter, we kept going, and they eventually fixed it.
Hit a major clam on the intro to Don't Change, but I knew I would so it was almost a relief to put it behind me. It wasn't much worst than Eddie's at Benroya, and I always remember that he laughed about that one.
The songs zipped past and the last three songs built on each other so much we were jumping out of our skins by the end.
Our singer had a huge family there, and they were yelling for an encore, so we did the first song again, this time with a working mike.
We were so pumped up we did a great version.
I pretty much nailed all the solos, which I was happy about.
I'll put up some pics later, (wife is out on a job, and took the card-reader),and there will be some clips on youtube, once we work out how to upload stuff.

Playing live is fun, really really fun. I am so glad I pushed myself to do it, and I'm really lucky to have been put with such a great bunch of people.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    awesome! thanks for sharing, that's really cool. can't wait to see the clips! How did 'on my mind' and Don't change go'? i bet they got into them. badass!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Congratulations! It's always good to have one extra song ready for the encore. if you don't have one ready, just play All Along The Watchtower! ha! What was your setup for the show?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • It's always handy to have even the cheapest Fisher Price tape recorder on stage with you as a memento for these occasions, and fun too, for listening to the "Oh shit ... oh bollocks" banter that goes on away from the mics! :D

Congratulations!!!
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Thanks guys !!
    On My Mind rocked. It was our opening song, and cos the vocal mike crapped out, we did it again at the end, and we were really pumped, so it went even harder and better.
    I used my R9, Lola for the opening songs, switched to the Gretsch Hot Rod for It's So Easy and ON the Prowl, cos that song it all about that hot rod/greased hair/jive era. Then I used my KH-2 for the Kiss song, and teh last one, Doctor Doctor to avoid another change, and so I could go silly on the whammy for the big finish.
    3 guitars for 7 songs is possibly major tool-bag territory, but it may have been my only ever gig, and they suited really well.
    I had to use the amp they supplied which was a Mesa Rectoverb, with about 2 mins set-up time, so I just went simple and didn't do any adjustments mid-song except for pup switches on Don't Change. I didn't use any effects, just wanted to keep it dead simple.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Very cool and congrats. Nothing beats rocking out live!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Nice one, glad to hear it went well.