First gig this weekend...

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK, last practice Friday night, first gig Saturday night.
It's a low pressure thing, the conclusion concert to the Weekend Warriors programme I have been doing, but quite exciting for a gig noob like me.
It has been a ton of fun playing in a full band situation, and the core 4 of us get along very well with just enough ego to make it work, not so much that we get in each others way, so we will probably keep going after this.
So, wish me luck, I'll let you know how it went next week.
I'm starting to get pretty psyched !!

The only bummer is, that I got no PJ on the set-list. OH, well, that's for the future.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Good luck man and rock on! Make sure to get some PJ on some future setlists.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Jam10 wrote:
    Good luck man and rock on! Make sure to get some PJ on some future setlists.

Thanks. I gonna propose that everyone gets to choose a song. That way I have to get at least one PJ song up and running.
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    All the best for the gig.

Out of curiosity, what has made it onto your setlist?
    Hebejebe wrote:
    All the best for the gig.

Out of curiosity, what has made it onto your setlist?

We only get 30 mins..

Powderfinger - On My Mind
    Mellencamp - Hurt So Good
    INXS - Don't Change
    It's So Easy (which I punk up a little) - Linda Ronstadt
    On the Prowl - Ol 55 (I use my Gretsch Hot Rod for this, really suits it)
    Kiss - Rock'n'Roll All Night (and part of every day, according to Mike)
    Robert Palmer - Doctor Doctor

A bunch of oldies for sure, but it's a covers kinda thing, and well-recognised stuff is the way to go. I get a few short solos, but nothing too over the top or demanding, just good stuff to wet my feet with. We get pretty amped with On the Prowl and Doctor Doctor especially, really fun rollicking songs.
    We've got another gig lined up in a couple of months, so we'll need to add a lot more songs. I want to do Rocking in the Free World, Betterman, maybe Alive, though I'll really need to work on that solo. RVM would be great too, but a bit trickier.
    There's an acoustic open mike coming up that I'd like to do Crazy Mary, Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, things like that. PJ have so many very good acoustic songs. The Benroya set-list is a pretty choice selection, though quite a few on that are a bit sad.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Good luck lucy. That's a a good start up set list. Most of them would be recognizable.

Love the finger tune. Rock it out like Darren Middleton and you will have them eating out the palms of your hands!
  • Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Good luck. Have fun, RITFW is an awesome song to play live if your looking for a good rocker
    Evo2010 wrote:
    Good luck. Have fun, RITFW is an awesome song to play live if your looking for a good rocker

I know, I know. I kept pushing it, but no-one else knew it. The singer has no PJ experience. I burnt a disc of easy listening stuff to get her interested, but I need to be patient there.