Guitar thieves........

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Went to lunch and found my car broken into and my new Gibson BFG missing !! Goddamn SOB !!! However, guys in a nearby music stor saw him walk by and noticed the Gibson sticker on the case, and the next shop down has security cameras, so his ass is going down !!!!

Scumbags like this deserve tar and feathers, tehn the stocks. Idiot probably don't know that BFG's are pretty new and it will stick out like dogs balls !!

Idiot, damn I hate freakin' druggie losers !!
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The stocks!? :eek:

Hopefully you get your guitar back!
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Guitars are HUGE targets of thieves!

Even the cheapest one is still worth a lot. Keep them hidden and locked up.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    mca47 wrote:
    Guitars are HUGE targets of thieves!

Even the cheapest one is still worth a lot. Keep them hidden and locked up.

Yeah, but I like to practice at lunchtime, and I hate the idea of scumbags determining my life. I did leave the windows down a little to keep her cool, big mistake !!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That sucks, I know how violated it can make you feel.

Those new GRABB chips that Carvin and Fender and I believe Gibson (RFID) are using make a lot of sense, if you can find it in a shop.

Sorry man, that sucks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Sorry to hear you got ripped off - it's happened to many of us (happened to me at a gig once during the break).
    Why no one stopped them I'll never know, but I lost a 24-fret PRS McCarty with birds and a Marshall JCM 800 head.
    Now I watch my stuff like a hawk, and I ALWAYS take my guitar with me wherever I go - it never sits anywhere.

Also, this is big - Never leave any guitar in the car!
    Not only is it a big a temptation to anyone looking for quick cash . . .
    But It's bad for the guitar (heat is NOT good for your guitars body, neck, plastic parts - things can warp and check - that's why dashboards warp and crack).
    When I go to dinner after a gig it goes in with me (guitar gets its own seat - it's always fun when I have 2 or 3 guitars with me cause I get a big table).
    I use to take mine into work with me and lock it in the managers office so I could practice on my break.
    I'd advise this to everyone - guitars are a big target.
    Again - sorry to hear about the loss - hope you get it back.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My dad got his L6-S (in black) stolen when he was playing. He bought an SG to replace it. A few months later he got a call from the dude saying that he knew where his guitar was... A 'drop' was made at another bands gig and he got the guitar back.

And Lucy, that totally sucks.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Hey dude. Just wanted to offer my condolences as well. Man that sucks. I hope you get it back. Let us know how it turns out. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • I'm pretty attached to my guitar that would be the worst day in a long time. Hope you get it back soon.

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Sorry to hear you got ripped off - it's happened to many of us (happened to me at a gig once during the break).
    Why no one stopped them I'll never know, but I lost a 24-fret PRS McCarty with birds and a Marshall JCM 800 head.
    Now I watch my stuff like a hawk, and I ALWAYS take my guitar with me wherever I go - it never sits anywhere.

Also, this is big - Never leave any guitar in the car!
    Not only is it a big a temptation to anyone looking for quick cash . . .
    But It's bad for the guitar (heat is NOT good for your guitars body, neck, plastic parts - things can warp and check - that's why dashboards warp and crack).
    When I go to dinner after a gig it goes in with me (guitar gets its own seat - it's always fun when I have 2 or 3 guitars with me cause I get a big table).
    I use to take mine into work with me and lock it in the managers office so I could practice on my break.
    I'd advise this to everyone - guitars are a big target.
    Again - sorry to hear about the loss - hope you get it back.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

Thanks guys.
    Hey Ian, I know heat is bad, that's why I left the windows down a bit, and that is how they got in. At least I kept it in good condition for him. I'm pretty confident they will get nailed. Insurance will cover it otherwise, and it was my cheap guitar, not my pride and joy, otherwise I would never leave it in a car. That's why I bought the BFG, something I could take out without it being a disaster if shit went wrong.
    To top it off I got a nice solicitor's letter last night informing me I'm probably getting sued for being a rascist, on the basis of a pile of lies, so all round it was a totally shit day.
    Usually that car park is busy with people all day and a car wash lady, but she was sick yesterday, and the smokers who all hang out there were all off, just a conjunction of bad luck.
    I'll keep you all updated, I'll go harrass the cops again today, squeaky wheel and all that !!
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I only just found this thread.

I'm so sorry my friend. I do hope they find it.

It's not nice when bad things happen to good people.

Big hugs. Hope it all looks brighter soon.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I only just found this thread.

I'm so sorry my friend. I do hope they find it.

It's not nice when bad things happen to good people.

Big hugs. Hope it all looks brighter soon.

Thanx darl, it's been a total crap week, let me tell you.
    I hope there is a way to issue a general apology to anyone I offend this week.
    It's been great to be able vent and share a bit with people who understand.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Thanx darl, it's been a total crap week, let me tell you.
    I hope there is a way to issue a general apology to anyone I offend this week.
    It's been great to be able vent and share a bit with people who understand.

Ah, luce. That's no good! You just vent away! Healthy to get it out and perfectly understandable. :)

And when all else fails to help with the anger, there's always Metallica at 11! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Went to lunch and found my car broken into and my new Gibson BFG missing !! Goddamn SOB !!! However, guys in a nearby music stor saw him walk by and noticed the Gibson sticker on the case, and the next shop down has security cameras, so his ass is going down !!!!

Scumbags like this deserve tar and feathers, tehn the stocks. Idiot probably don't know that BFG's are pretty new and it will stick out like dogs balls !!

the assumptions you make lucy disturb me. not because you have targetted 'freakin' druggie losers'. but the fact that despite knowing they could possibly be in the vicinity you still chose to leave your guitar in the car with the windows ajar.
    it's a bitch that people can't leave shit alone, and yes you gave them an easy score, but it doesn't change your anger and feeling of loss. then again don't forget it's only a guitar. it's not your life or that of a loved one.
    i do hope you get your guitar back though. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the assumptions you make lucy disturb me. not because you have targetted 'freakin' druggie losers'. but the fact that despite knowing they could possibly be in the vicinity you still chose to leave your guitar in the car with the windows ajar.
    it's a bitch that people can't leave shit alone, and yes you gave them an easy score, but it doesn't change your anger and feeling of loss. then again don't forget it's only a guitar. it's not your life or that of a loved one.
    i do hope you get your guitar back though. :)

Yeah well, that's cos there are a lot of freakin' druggie losers in Palm Beach where I work. I didn't think the windows were down enough to be a problem, but I have clearly led a sheltered life in safe country towns. One reason I get so riled is that my job involves helping freakin' druggie losers a lot at times, and the hand that helps don't like being bitten.
    I stared with nothing in this world and have worked my butt off for every single damn thing I own, so being ripped off by people who just take really burns me.
    I wasn't actually that angry until I went to drive hime and found he had ripped off my sunglasses too. That felt really invasive, like he was wearing my underpants or somehing, plus had shit sun in my face all the way home.
    But, haha, he left the CD case with my PJ bootlegs/Benroya Hall and all my Metallica discs in it. My Brisbane 2003 discs would be very hard to replace.

A guy like that will never really have anything he doesn't rip off. I can buy another guitar, he will have to steal another, and he will never really know true pride of ownership. Like Gollum, grubbing for the scraps from anothers table !!
    Yeah well, that's cos there are a lot of freakin' druggie losers in Palm Beach where I work. I didn't think the windows were down enough to be a problem, but I have clearly led a sheltered life in safe country towns. One reason I get so riled is that my job involves helping freakin' druggie losers a lot at times, and the hand that helps don't like being bitten.
    I stared with nothing in this world and have worked my butt off for every single damn thing I own, so being ripped off by people who just take really burns me.
    I wasn't actually that angry until I went to drive hime and found he had ripped off my sunglasses too. That felt really invasive, like he was wearing my underpants or somehing, plus had shit sun in my face all the way home.
    But, haha, he left the CD case with my PJ bootlegs/Benroya Hall and all my Metallica discs in it. My Brisbane 2003 discs would be very hard to replace.

A guy like that will never really have anything he doesn't rip off. I can buy another guitar, he will have to steal another, and he will never really know true pride of ownership. Like Gollum, grubbing for the scraps from anothers table !!

i know i was getting a little philosophical but i'm going through an interesting time right now. thieves do burn my butt too. and i imagine, especially for you working with so called druggie losers. but don't jump to conclusions, it may well have been some punk arse kid. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i know i was getting a little philosophical but i'm going through an interesting time right now. thieves do burn my butt too. and i imagine, especially for you working with so called druggie losers. but don't jump to conclusions, it may well have been some punk arse kid. :D

Yeah, punk ass kid equals druggie loser in this place. They all use drugs, ice capital of Oz, weed for breakfast, beer for tea. I'm so fucking over it. Then they bleat and whinge when they are 40 and their bodies and minds are fucked. Some of these kids though, they see their parents and go totally straight, they are OK, no problems there !!!

I know he doesn't even play cos he left the Guns 'n Roses complete tab books sitting right there. Bah !!!
    I know he doesn't even play cos he left the Guns 'n Roses complete tab books sitting right there. Bah !!!

maybe he/she just doesn't like the gunners. it is possible. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    forgive the ignorance, what is a "Gibson BFG"?

heard anything on it yet?
    MLC2006 wrote:
    forgive the ignorance, what is a "Gibson BFG"?

heard anything on it yet?

Here you go :http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-GIB-LPBG-TD.html
    It has a Burstbucker 3 in the bridge and a singlecoil P-90 in the neck.
    It's a very stripped-down Les Paul. I think they're kind of overpriced for what you get.
    It's NOT finished, no binding, no figured top, no finishing touches at all, it doesn't have any ornamentation like a truss rod cover,
    no faced fret markers, no toggle cap or washer, distressed hardware, and plain un-numbered wood volume/tone knobs.
    It's a very basic basic basic LP for almost $1000.
    Personally I'd rather have a LP Studio at that price (if I was getting a LP), but some people really like the stripped down LP look.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    It's a very stripped-down Les Paul. I think they're kind of overpriced for what you get.
    It's NOT finished, no binding, no figured top, no finishing touches at all, it doesn't have any ornamentation like a truss rod cover,
    no faced fret markers, no toggle cap or washer, distressed hardware, and plain un-numbered wood volume/tone knobs.
    Personally I'd rather have a LP Studio at that price (if I was getting a LP), but some people really like the stripped down LP look.

There have been huge arguments on teh lespaulforum over this. In Australia, Studios start at $2600, my BFG was $1800, so a big diufference. To me a STudio is a bit of a plain JAne, shiny but boring, still needs to be cared for to preserve the finish.
    On teh other hand , a BFG is rough as guts already, and doesn't beg for tender care, enabling silly stuff like this.
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lucylespian/KenBFGDeJa-Voo.jpg

It's a beater, if you like, a git for going out and letting other people play. You can belt the beer cans back at teh punters if needs be. BTW, great tone esp from teh P90 neck, also chambered so nice and resonant and LIGHT !!!
    maybe he/she just doesn't like the gunners. it is possible. :)

Now now girl, that's just crazy talk !!!!!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    There have been huge arguments on teh lespaulforum over this. In Australia, Studios start at $2600, my BFG was $1800, so a big diufference. To me a STudio is a bit of a plain JAne, shiny but boring, still needs to be cared for to preserve the finish.
    On teh other hand , a BFG is rough as guts already, and doesn't beg for tender care, enabling silly stuff like this.
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lucylespian/KenBFGDeJa-Voo.jpg

It's a beater, if you like, a git for going out and letting other people play. You can belt the beer cans back at teh punters if needs be. BTW, great tone esp from teh P90 neck, also chambered so nice and resonant and LIGHT !!!

That picture is awesome!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    any idea where i can go for a good stolen guitar?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Sorry to hear that. Man, I hate losing stuff like that.

I've lost some nice ones along the way. It's like unreality when you first look and see your guitar gone,,,,, or car,,,, and it's like,,,, Hmmm, "maybe I left it somewhere else".

It would be cool to put a GPS chip in the guitar that you can trace it with!

I hope you get your Gibby back!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

THieving guitar fairy..................

down with the guitar stealing infidel.............................
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    Sorry to hear that. Man, I hate losing stuff like that.

I've lost some nice ones along the way. It's like unreality when you first look and see your guitar gone,,,,, or car,,,, and it's like,,,, Hmmm, "maybe I left it somewhere else".

It would be cool to put a GPS chip in the guitar that you can trace it with!

I hope you get your Gibby back!

Funny - I think Carvin does something like that.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
  • taratara Posts: 293
    ianvomsaal wrote:

sorry to hear that lucy, she looks beautiful. i feel about bike theives the way that you feel about guitar theives, and i've had a few stolen, so i feel your anger here, i just don't get how these motherfuckers feel that it's right to steal something so beautiful and innocent, and so i agree with whoever's interpretation that they must be fucking crack fiends, so i wish you luck in your search for a new guitar (see, there is a plus side ;) )
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • kick his ass!
    fucking thieves id sure as hell be pissed off if it were mine
    was it insured or something?