I am a sad case..

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
A sad cunt really !

Was on the ZVEX website tonight, and saw and heard the Nano amp. So now I am hopelessly in love, and want one badly.

Is there any cure for this disease ??
Apart from buying more gear, that is ??

So, I'll add that to the fuzz, and pawn a child or something.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    A sad cunt really !

Was on the ZVEX website tonight, and saw and heard the Nano amp. So now I am hopelessly in love, and want one badly.

:D nice. Did you check out his Imp Amp too?? Great tiny stereo tube amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    A sad cunt really !

i have the same problem except it's really retarded for me since my available time to play is vanishing and my skills are declining rapidly so i feel even worse when i do buy something.

i want a zvex wah probe but can't justify the expense.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Try being 16 and having this problem!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    There's no cure for gearhead addiction syndrome except more gear. It's been proven.

Currently coveting an OCD but I have to save for my road trip to Canada.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471

Heard that brother. Getting a job would mean less time to play guitar, but I still spend too much time lookin' at gear.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Gear is good...screw playing!

:p
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pacomc79 wrote:

NAh, the Nano, was blue and cuter. These things are important. To add to my misery, the local Gibson shop, which is actually reasonably big, possibly the best in Australia, is having and end of financial year sale. They will have some bargains, inc Valve Junior for half the usual price.

I was gonna go and get some cheap strings, but maybe I should do something safer, like go buy some crack or something.

Thanks for teh suppot guys, it's like going too AA coming here, with the slight difference of, THEY DON"T SERVE BOOZE AT AA AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO DIG IN !!!

BASTARDS !!

Hey, just kidding, good to know I'm not the only one.

I'm thinking, ebay teh strat (unless I give in to the temptation to get better pups, Bareknuckles or maybe Fralins ?), then use that to buy the Nano, and "accidently" order a Fuzz Factory to save on postage.

Guitar Oasis seems to do the best price. Lucky I bought a 240-110V transformer hey !!
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403

I hear ya !! I don't think computers had been invented when I was 16. I certainly lusted after what was in teh shops, but it wasn't much. Fender had brought out "The Strat", lurid blue and red things with a coloured headstock. I would have bought one if I could. I was obsessed with Mark Knopfler at the time, for good reason. Mind you, to have food and a roof a that time was an achievement for me, so having I was pretty happy and content with my old acoustic I still have.
    But I didn't have the world-wide-shopping mall to contend with. I think I would go nuts now.

Having said that, playing is WAY more important than gear. I mainly gear shop at work, cos peeps object to me playing in my office. At 16, I played constantly as you do. Today, I'm gonna play till my fingers bleed. Home alone today, so it's on.
    Played through teh Touring Band DVD last night, there are some choice cuts there.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Try this for 129 bucks! A great project and no, I haven't actually BUILT it yet, but I DO have it somewhere in my house! :D My brother built one though and it's a great ipod preamp, too!

http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9305KEN

Great stuff here!
    http://www.paia.com
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart