New toy.......

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just bought a new guitar, a 2003 Custom Shop HIstoric, one of the last of the brazilians.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lucylespian/29.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/lucylespian/13sm.jpg
I figured I needed to get in while the oz doallr was good, Lucky, cos it dropped within a few days.

I'm hopeless with Les Pauls, and my wife is worse. We went to buy strings yesterday, and nearly came home with another Standard. I'm sure if we had not just bought the other stuff, we would have.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Tattslotto? Or Queensland druglord, perhaps?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    biffhardon wrote:
    Tattslotto? Or Queensland druglord, perhaps?

No mate, I am just a childless professional, with a self-managed super fund, which i don't want to put into shares or real estate just at present. I also don't drink, smoke, do drugs, go to pubs or gamble.
    Any, these guitars cost less than most things. I spend less on music gear a year than it costs to send a kid to school. It just looks a lot cos it accululates. We actually spend more feeding our horses every week, but that just turns into horse shit, so it doesn't look like much.
    Music gear also has next to nothing in running costs, so unlike most hobbies, the gear is the major expenditure. If you went to teh pub on Friday night, movies Sat, paintball Sunday, that would be more than a loan re[payment on something like Inara for a week. I've just done all that stuff already.
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Noice!!!!!!!
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Right, that's it. I'm giving up drinking, smoking, drugs and gambling... tomorrow.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Wow, the top on that is so nice it almost blinded me. If it sounds half as good as it looks, you probably got one hell of a deal. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Very cool bud. Wait a minute, you have a wife that likes guitars? Next thing your going to tell me you actually split chores and she holds her end of the deal :)
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    absolutely stunning burst. excellent figuring.

It's a good investment anyway more than likely with the braz board.

Nice to have a wife that appreciates fine art.

Cheers, enjoy. Crank up the Mesa and ring out a few good open chords for me.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Wow. Just wow. That is a thing of beauty.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Very cool bud. Wait a minute, you have a wife that likes guitars? Next thing your going to tell me you actually split chores and she holds her end of the deal :)

Actually, it's better than that. All I have to do is go to work and generates some gross. She takes care of all teh business paperwork and tax stuff. Honestly, I would rather sepnd ten hours a day down a bloody coal mine that ten minutes with that shit.
    She is pretty full on with chores too, just gets as grubby as crap feeding horses and rugging etc.
    She is a demon on a mower as well, will knock over a few acres in a go, if I keep her supplied with diet coke and petrol.
    She does not belong to the Princess generation., we is country folk !!

Thanks for the nice comments guys, she is a beauty, and sounds amazing. The Custom Shop Gibson Re-Issue stuf really is so good.
    I spent some tme yesterday with the "Marshall" channel on teh H&K seriously cranked, having a ball. It was a rainy Sunday here, so stayed home all day and fiddled.
    Even put some new strings on things. I've been too interested in playing to do that for a while. Holy crap, what a difference !!
  • Actually, it's better than that. All I have to do is go to work and generates some gross. She takes care of all teh business paperwork and tax stuff. Honestly, I would rather sepnd ten hours a day down a bloody coal mine that ten minutes with that shit.
    She is pretty full on with chores too, just gets as grubby as crap feeding horses and rugging etc.
    She is a demon on a mower as well, will knock over a few acres in a go, if I keep her supplied with diet coke and petrol.
    She does not belong to the Princess generation., we is country folk !!

Thanks for the nice comments guys, she is a beauty, and sounds amazing. The Custom Shop Gibson Re-Issue stuf really is so good.
    I spent some tme yesterday with the "Marshall" channel on teh H&K seriously cranked, having a ball. It was a rainy Sunday here, so stayed home all day and fiddled.
    Even put some new strings on things. I've been too interested in playing to do that for a while. Holy crap, what a difference !!

You let me know if she has a sister that wants to move to the U.S.! :)

Good buy for sure, oh and great wife
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    You let me know if she has a sister that wants to move to the U.S.! :)

Good buy for sure, oh and great wife

Mate, if she had a sister, I could have sold her ten times over.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    A real beauty. Congratulations! (feels like you just had a child... let's pass around cigars.)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    No mate, I am just a childless professional, with a self-managed super fund, which i don't want to put into shares or real estate just at present. I also don't drink, smoke, do drugs, go to pubs or gamble.
    Any, these guitars cost less than most things. I spend less on music gear a year than it costs to send a kid to school. It just looks a lot cos it accululates. We actually spend more feeding our horses every week, but that just turns into horse shit, so it doesn't look like much.
    Music gear also has next to nothing in running costs, so unlike most hobbies, the gear is the major expenditure. If you went to teh pub on Friday night, movies Sat, paintball Sunday, that would be more than a loan re[payment on something like Inara for a week. I've just done all that stuff already.

That is a very very beautiful guitar. Congratulations on the purchase! The horse shit comment made me smile :)
    It's great you are spending your money on something that makes you happy. So awesome.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    That is a very very beautiful guitar. Congratulations on the purchase! The horse shit comment made me smile :)
    It's great you are spending your money on something that makes you happy. So awesome.
    Pretty much. I have two more years of doing that before University, so I'm gonna have the best clothes and guitar gear I can buy before that!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    very nice.
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That's a beauty! What do you mean when you say it's one of the last of the brazilians? Isn't is an American Les Paul Custom?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Jam10 wrote:
    That's a beauty! What do you mean when you say it's one of the last of the brazilians? Isn't is an American Les Paul Custom?

brazilian rosewood on the fretboard. it's a custom shop reissue of a les paul standard from back in the day.
    As exhausted siad, teh original Sunburst Les PAuls had Brazilian rosewood fretboards. Now people will argue till teh sun dies about teh superior qyalities or not of Braz. IN teh interest of histoical accuracy, Gibson made a limited umber of Custom Shop Re-issues in 2003 with Braz boards. Braz is now a protected species, and while it is still available, Gibson no longer use it, so this guitar has a rarity value which MAY (or not) grow as years pass.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:

It's so true. We own a lot of horseshit !!!
    It's so true. We own a lot of horseshit !!!
    Good for the gardens, apparently :)

My soon to be new baby....

http://www.merrylandsmusic.com.au/images/Diesel-Ad_Mar06.jpg
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Good for the gardens, apparently :)

My soon to be new baby....

http://www.merrylandsmusic.com.au/images/Diesel-Ad_Mar06.jpg
    Nice one Gurl!

Never heard of that brand?
    Nice one Gurl!

Never heard of that brand?

Thankyou!
    They are Australian made and they are awesome.
    http://www.maton.com.au/index.php
    Maton do make nice guitars. They and a few other Australian companies use differnet tone woods which are native here.
    The guy in the ad, Johnny Diesel, aka Mark Lizotte is an awesome guitarist, been around for years, has done some great stuff.
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Thankyou!
    They are Australian made and they are awesome.
    http://www.maton.com.au/index.php
    Looks pretty cool.
    Especially this one.
    http://www.maton.com.au/electrics/ms2000-std.html
    Yeah, they are pretty groovy. Idid platy one once, but it was a while ago, and my appreciation abilities have grown a lot since then.

Another package arrived in the post today, I'll post some more pics soon, have to go home and unwrap to see what this one is.