Inara pic update......

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    What do you think is a reasonable price for a VOS R9? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger soonish.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    biffhardon wrote:
    What do you think is a reasonable price for a VOS R9? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger soonish.

This really depends on the top. The 07 VOS R9's are getting rave reviews on the http://www.lespaulforum.com and there are some exceptional tops on offer. At present Gibson dealers are not allowed to post pics of actual inventory, but a few dealers are allowed to. Wildwood guitars are doing this, and you can visit their site and get an idea of tops and prices. Generally guitar prices are soft at present and good deals are on offer. Having said that, the best tops will always command a bigger price and not be as negotiable. If you are less fussy about teh top, you will get a great deal and a superb playing guitar. The VOS gits are all fret-PLEKed and the set-up and playability is outstanding. Go to the LP forum, to the HIstoric section, and if you don;t have serious GAS in about 5 secs, you are not looking.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I have GAS.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    exhausted wrote:

Showing yourself to be a man of taste and refinement and a lover of brute horsepower. LOL !! Those P90's in that big chunk o' Custom must sound wicked !!!
    exhausted wrote:

Showing yourself to be a man of taste and refinement and a lover of brute horsepower. LOL !! Those P90's in that big chunk o' Custom must sound wicked !!!
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    So, let's say I buy a Guitar from Wildwood (yep, I'd go with the Ice Tea R8, too) for US$3100/AUD$3800. I figure shipping and insurance is at least another AUD$200-250, what can I expect Customs to hit me up for? I checked out the PDF guide at http://www.customs.gov.au but it's 183 pages long, I was hoping you could just tell me what you've been charged. Cheers, mate.
    biffhardon wrote:
    So, let's say I buy a Guitar from Wildwood (yep, I'd go with the Ice Tea R8, too) for US$3100/AUD$3800. I figure shipping and insurance is at least another AUD$200-250, what can I expect Customs to hit me up for? I checked out the PDF guide at http://www.customs.gov.au but it's 183 pages long, I was hoping you could just tell me what you've been charged. Cheers, mate.

OK, if the shipper specifies that the product is made in teh USA on a declaration they have to fill in before it is shipped, then you pay only GST on the total amout in AUD, including shipping. The shipping charge might be a litelmore than you have estimated, though my recent ones came from CAnada and UK, teh US is cheaper.
    Youa re looking at about $4500 all up,on the purchase price you have quoted, considering that the cheapest you can get a Historic new if you really deal hard is $7K, that is a real bargain. They have a nice R8 at MSP Broadbeach which has $10 999 on it.
    If they don't do the Made in the USA shipping form, then they will add 5% duty, before the GST calcuation is done.
    I am going to have to claim that back, because I only found that out later. Whe I got the second one in, I challenged them, saying Gibson is ONLY made in the USA and they said stiff shit, we are going to charge you anyway, but you can fill in a form and get it back.
    Fucking beaurocrats.
    BTW, the forum dealerrs like Wildwood are always great guys to deal with and will not rip you off or scam you at all.
    I don't know if you have looked a the forum much , but it is a great place to learn stuff.
    There is a run of chambered R8's from Gibson at present, just make sure that you know if the exact one you want is or not. Chambering is not a bad thing but some people thinkit is, so just check that.
  • Cool, thanks.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    Cool, thanks.

One other thing, the prices listed are RRP, you will get a better deal if you call contact them. Vic da Pra and Centre City Music in San Diego are also worth contacting. They can't have their inventory on teh net, but they will send you pics if you contact them.

Good luck and be careful of the addiction.