What would you do?

disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.mstore.nl/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=495

I saw this guitar.... A Epiphone FirebirdShould I buy it and sell my Washburn J6?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    the Washburn looks like a nicer guitar, I wouldn't bank on an Epiphone being high up on the quality scale. if it was a Gibson, I'd say yeah, go for it. I want a Firebird myself (a Gibson, not an Ep). further, they look like completely different guitars. that Washburn looks like it's geared towards non heavy rock style music whereas a Firebird is geared more towards blues and rock (I know at least everytime I see a Firebird, I think of Allen Collins from Skynyrd). and what is that price, Euros? if so, that doesn't even look like a good deal on that Firebird.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Naaa, keep the Washburn (the Buzz Feiten tuning system is killer).
    Have you even played a Firebird???
    They are considerably headstock heavy - as soon as you let go of the neck it drops to the floor.
    You basically have to hang on to the guitar to keep it in front of you, when you let go the headstock/neck drops to your feet.
    Kind of a pain in the ass, plus wears on the shoulder/arm having to hold the neck up all the time.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    MLC2006 wrote:
    the Washburn looks like a nicer guitar, I wouldn't bank on an Epiphone being high up on the quality scale. if it was a Gibson, I'd say yeah, go for it. I want a Firebird myself (a Gibson, not an Ep). further, they look like completely different guitars. that Washburn looks like it's geared towards non heavy rock style music whereas a Firebird is geared more towards blues and rock (I know at least everytime I see a Firebird, I think of Allen Collins from Skynyrd). and what is that price, Euros? if so, that doesn't even look like a good deal on that Firebird.

They are completely different, I know, but I rarely play on my Washburn nowadays... It just stands in the room...

The price is € 495,00/$ 682,01.
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Naaa, keep the Washburn (the Buzz Feiten tuning system is killer).
    Have you even played a Firebird???
    They are considerably headstock heavy - as soon as you let go of the neck it drops to the floor.
    You basically have to hang on to the guitar to keep it in front of you, when you let go the headstock/neck drops to your feet.
    Kind of a pain in the ass, plus wears on the shoulder/arm having to hold the neck up all the time.

- Ian

I never played a firebird, but if it is a hell of a job to keep the neck up, I'll better keep my Washburn 'till I see something better...