Help with Hail Hail

amitamit Posts: 73
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm trying to learn Hail Hail for my cover band.

Its pretty easy in terms of technique. But its fricking difficult for me in terms of timing!

I mean come on! It starts half a beat before the first main bar and it trips me up so much.

Any advice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• korbykorby Posts: 298
    ya. leave it i guess. i cant figure it out either. i mean wtf. its a song about someone who really loves someone. if it isnt working then why bother. i mean i been trying that song for years now. i just gave up
    its ok
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Trying playing along with the song at half speed. Then slowly increase the speed until you can play it perfectly at full speed. You can play MP3's at slower speeds in Windows Media Player... if your guitar and computer are in separate rooms (like mine), then just bring your guitar to your computer desk and practice with it unplugged if you have to. It's what I do!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    DOSW wrote:
    Trying playing along with the song at half speed. Then slowly increase the speed until you can play it perfectly at full speed. You can play MP3's at slower speeds in Windows Media Player... if your guitar and computer are in separate rooms (like mine), then just bring your guitar to your computer desk and practice with it unplugged if you have to. It's what I do!

dude i never use windows media player so i never knew you could play songs slower/faster on it. i'm having so much fun right now :eek: :p
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    It is a little weired of timing... I find that it helps to keep playing along with the cd, and honestly I find myself doing the stone head bob which actually helps :)

One time you will just "get it" and it will seem so easy.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    you can go with the Stone groove. that works for his style of playing. i tried that. but i get frustrated and want to give up. i think i need a new guitar. a smaller one. mine is used and i like it. im attached to it. but im feeling about it anyway. not sure i can afford it
    its ok
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    korby wrote:
    ya. leave it i guess. i cant figure it out either. i mean wtf. its a song about someone who really loves someone. if it isnt working then why bother. i mean i been trying that song for years now. i just gave up
    korby wrote:
    you can go with the Stone groove. that works for his style of playing. i tried that. but i get frustrated and want to give up. i think i need a new guitar. a smaller one. mine is used and i like it. im attached to it. but im feeling about it anyway. not sure i can afford it

Stop Blazing
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    he he . tough weekend. i tthink when your into a song and cant get it. walk away to something else. when you back to it. it may come back and youll get it. if not, try a new tune
    its ok