eddie vedder's microphone

evenflow79evenflow79 Posts: 10
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anybody know what microphone eddie vedder uses?

cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jbdjbd Posts: 65
    According to the 1998 gear schematics he uses Audix OM-7 audio microphones... Can't tell you what he used after that...
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • No idea...the microphone has changed this tour compared to 03, 04, and 05.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    find me a picture...I'll give you an answer ;)
  • hey dude, if u just click on this link below, i have put the microphone as my main picture, just wondering what microphone that is? thanks

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50443506
    That's an Audix.

I've also seen him use an SM-7, but only in studio shots. He's also used a Soundeluxe in the studio at times.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    No idea...the microphone has changed this tour compared to 03, 04, and 05.

No, it's the same mic, but he's been using a pop filter (commonly called a "condom" as per it's method of attachment to the mic).

Eddie has been using Audix OM-7's for years. The rest of the band uses Audix vocal mics, too.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Yeah, he's still using the OM-7 but if you're thinking of getting one in place of the usual Shure SM58 or similar, don't. The OM-7 really is specifically designed for huge venues and requires top-notch preamps with massive amounts of gain to make it sound good. An Audix OM-5 is probably more suitable.
    biffhardon wrote:
    Yeah, he's still using the OM-7 but if you're thinking of getting one in place of the usual Shure SM58 or similar, don't. The OM-7 really is specifically designed for huge venues and requires top-notch preamps with massive amounts of gain to make it sound good. An Audix OM-5 is probably more suitable.

I don't know about all that. I've been using one for years. It doesn't take a crazy amount of gain to make it go. It's a nice dynamic with tremendous side rejection. Most modern PA systems have enough preamp gain to satisfy its needs, though some sound much better than others :)