Anyone know Mike's and Stone gear setup?

evenflow79evenflow79 Posts: 10
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows Mike and Stone gear set up, during the album Ten.

Also if anyone knows their amp settings, i would really love to know.

e.g.

Presence:
Treble:
Middle:
Bass:

Volume:
Gain:

I have a Marshall DSL-100 and Marshall 2x12 1936 cab.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i use a laney vc30 tube amp with a ts9 for boost

i have eq all set to 12pm (straight up), the gain on about 9, and the ts9 gain set to 12pm, tone on 12pm and level 2pm, i feel i get the tones of no code to present era, i bloody love it. i use a guitar with p-90's, thats the main reason for my tone though

i think for the ten tone, you need marshalls and ts9's, that slightly more brash tone than the more subtle grown up sound of the last ten years

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Giventowail.com has the setups BUT

Mike: Sansamp Classic Distortion, TS-9, Rotovibe, Crybaby Wah. Used strat's mainly with Marshall amps. Also used some fender amps.

Stone: TS-9, SD-9(Sonic Distortion), Wah, I think he also used the Sansamp, and a rotovibe. Used Les pauls mainly with Marshall amps.

I guess you could flat line the EQ's (keep them at halfway). Then, go from there.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • k thanks i'll give those a try