Matt's drum sticks

StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was just wondering if anyone knows what type of drum sticks Matt uses? Does he have his personal sticks, you know, the ones that have a printed signature of the artist on them..Or maybe there exsist drum sticks with PJ logo or something?
Would love to have them.
The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Thanks. :D
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dangerboy wrote:

Maybe he just used those sticks once, for the advertising, and to make money...!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Stereotype wrote:
    I was just wondering if anyone knows what type of drum sticks Matt uses? Does he have his personal sticks, you know, the ones that have a printed signature of the artist on them..Or maybe there exsist drum sticks with PJ logo or something?
    Would love to have them.

The picture on the link to vic firth is off. I have s set of them and they have a thinner shaft and tip than shown. Also I caught one of his own sticks from camden 1 this tour which is like my pair i had previously. I am sure you can order them from guitarcenter.com hope this helps
  • pjmc320pjmc320 Posts: 32
    They recently started putting his real signature on the sticks as well...I've used his sticks for years and always get 'em from musiciansfriend.com.
    "We're not going to white-collar resort prison, we're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison..." ~Michael Bolton, 'Office Space'
  • I got a free pair when purchasing a 4 pack of 55a's...I like them. NO tmy favorite, though
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Yeah,
    His new signature stick is very very similar to a 3A, maybe a touch heavier. His older model was much heavier and more like a Rock or 2B model. I prefer his new model, and have played them, they're very comfortable.
  • Or alternatively, you could just find the sticks that suit your style. I'm sure Matt is a great guy and all, but signature sticks/guitars/amps/whatever are just a way of selling you an average product at an inflated price.
  • Vedder-Man wrote:
    Or alternatively, you could just find the sticks that suit your style. I'm sure Matt is a great guy and all, but signature sticks/guitars/amps/whatever are just a way of selling you an average product at an inflated price.

however, some good/inovative products are ONLY available as endorsed merchandise, and therfore if you want it, you have to pay what they are asking. For example, the Jimi Hendrix amp from marshal, to find an original stack in "new" condition woudl cost you upwards of 40 grand. Thats an alternative for about 7 or 8.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19