NT

Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
edited September 2018 in Musicians and Gearheads
NT
Post edited by Chris1401 on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    What a phenomenal post. It inspires me to build off it SAYING...

What's your FAVORITE PEARL JAM song to jam on?

I think mine is either Immortality or Yellow Ledbetter.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yes. yes it is.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    it varies.

fav prolly ledbetter, but also much love for sad (awesome riffs), fatal, in hiding, immortality, DTE).
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Crown of Thorns is awesome. I love playing that song.

As for favorite PJ song to jam on? Porch is awesome. Yellow Ledbetter too, but I gotta say Alive. I love trying to improvise my own solo.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Dogman3 wrote:
    Crown of Thorns is awesome. I love playing that song.

As for favorite PJ song to jam on? Porch is awesome. Yellow Ledbetter too, but I gotta say Alive. I love trying to improvise my own solo.
    I try to do that too (improvise) and Pearl Jam has helped me a LOT with it...as much as I love playing my own stuff more than anything else (never thought I would say that), PJ helps me sharpen my technique and reminds me of the basics.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Right now, I'm loving Light Years (can't get it out of my head since Camden 1), but my all time fav has to be I got Shit. If you've got some stress to shed, crank it to 11 and play that...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Crown of Thorns is so easy yet so fun. For anyone who doesn't know it...

e
    B--5-5
    5-5
    3-3--333
    3-3---
    G--7-6
    7p6
    5-4--444 or sometimes end w/
    5-4--0
    D--7-7
    7-7--7---5-5--555
    ---5-5--5
    A
    E

That second 'ending' comes in every couple measures during the verse and in the chorus the first time Ed says "leaves me Alone". It kinda flows with those lyrics.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    love playing crown of thorns

question - i play it with open chords eg D, A. is this how stone plays it? or does he use power chords? or something else?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    A lot of Love Bone songs are fun to play. You just have to block out the lyrics!

Stone had freaking awesome parts in that band. I can honestly say i wouldn't have gotten so heavily into PJ if i didn't have Love Bone tracks to fill that void in between Ten and Vs.

Fave PJ songs to play at the moment: anything off Vitalogy. Yield is my normal fave for guitar-oke, but No Code when i feel "expressive". (yes, you are supposed to laugh at that)

cheers