This probably belongs somewhere else BUT

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
The M&G is the only place I go on this forum. Anyway, I'm watching the Sooners lay the smackdown on Texas Tech and as ESPN cuts to commercial, what do I hear? The usual AC/DC track? NAY! I heard "Rockin in the Free World"! Is that grounds for "selling out"? I know we all discussed PJ in guitar hero but this is a little different than a game.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Actually, for programming, the band doesn't give permission or deny permission to use their songs, nor do they get paid directly by the people using the song. It's no different than if the song gets played on the radio, XM/Sirius, or on the muzak system at a bar or store. It gets ASCAP / BMI points, and that's that. Commercials, soundtracks, and video games are separate, and are negotiated separately. Same with mp3 downloads, like Napster, iTunes, Rhapsody, etc... that's why the Beatles weren't on iTunes for the longest time (are they yet?).

Besides, was it a Pearl Jam version of RITFW, or was it Uncle Neil?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    go padres.
  • ccpaccpa Posts: 32
    That AC DC runaway train is a sweet song. Usual sounding stuff but that it a killer riff and chorus. Nice to hear they changed it up though, nothing wrong with some RITFW!