Marshall Guvnah

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Marshall Guv'na

WOW...I tried one today and fell in love with it. I've got about 5 distortion/overdrive pedals on my board and I think I might get this one. Any opinions on it?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    What you hear is what you get. It's a nice little pedal. The little part is a plus on a crowded pedal board. I have a friend with one on his. Didn't like it enough to go buy one... but I definitely liked it.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i know i liked my bluesbreaker and shredder clones that i've built but i've never tried the current production silver ones. i know they have their fans though.

seems to me the yellow daneletro daddy-o from a few years ago was a guv-nor based pedal too.
  • My girlfriend and I were going to get a DS1 for her little brother but this pedal was only 30-BRAND NEW and on clearance. Apparently Marshall is getting out of the pedal biz
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah it's excellent. lots of tone shaping from a stock pedal, does the marshall DSL crunch sound well I think. Kind of a DS1 style but with a lot more control. I found one at GC on clearance for 30 dollars too.

I hated the daddy-o for what it's worth and loved the fab tone but go figure. I think the EQ on the daddy-o turned me off.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the fabtone is the worst pedal in the world!! which incidentally makes it awesome.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    the fabtone is the worst pedal in the world!! which incidentally makes it awesome.

Exactly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.