Fender Blender

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I bought it a couple years ago from Monster78. Thing is, it always seemed a bit off. There was a huge volume cut but if I kicked it, the thing would recover. During the summer, it stopped recovering and just died. I took it in and, after three months, the Flender is shot. I don't really know what to do. I can still use it with my tube screamer "boosting" it but I guess the thing was made wrong. If anyone wants to try to fix it, I'll sell it but, I guess the guy said it would cost more to fix than to just buy a new pedal. Needless to say, I can probably scrap it for parts but I feel really bad that I barely got to use the pedal to it's full potential. In no way am I saying Monster jipped me, at all, by the way. I'm just sad about the loss of a pedal :(
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    have you opened it up just to look for loose connections etc? obvious stuff like that. you should be able to inspect all the connections and the circuit board itself. post pics if you like.

i'd imagine it would be expensive to fix only because of the bench time to diagnose etc. etc.

the components themselves are dirt cheap and i'd imagine if the problem was known it would be simple to fix. the trick, like anything, is finding the problem.
  • exhausted wrote:
    have you opened it up just to look for loose connections etc? obvious stuff like that. you should be able to inspect all the connections and the circuit board itself. post pics if you like.

i'd imagine it would be expensive to fix only because of the bench time to diagnose etc. etc.

the components themselves are dirt cheap and i'd imagine if the problem was known it would be simple to fix. the trick, like anything, is finding the problem.
    I guess there was a problem with one component. With it out, there was a clean signal but when you put it in, there was nothing. However, you need the component to make the thing work. I'm getting it back, sometime next week. I'll definitely post pics and appreciate all the help I get on this board.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if the problem's already known there is no way it should cost a bunch to repair. outside of pots and switches, nothing costs more than a quarter (virtually) in a new pedal like that.
  • I don't know too much about electronics so I'm not gonna be a big help when describing the problem. I'll post pics but I don't know if it'll be enough
  • the volume loss was always a headache issue for me with the flender so i got rid after a year...hope the girl who bought it isn'd gonna have a dead duck on her hands next year :( ?

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell