Jeff, Mike, and a few more things.

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Man, I can't get over Jeff's music! Jeremy, Why Go, Low Light, Sleight of Hand, Unemployable, Nothing As It Seems...just amazing songs! There's a certain vibe with them (anyone know what I'm talking about?) and a feeling I get when I listen to them. Also, when Mike's fills and solos in these are particularly some of my favorites. Whether it's the fill in Unemployable (that inspired me to write "To Me") or the volume swells in some live versions of Low Light, or the hardcore trem picking/whammy dives in Jeremy, it gives ME confidence in playing originals that members of my band have written and asked me to take part in. Up until a few months ago, I wrote all the songs but now, we've (particularly our bassist) has been writing and writing. He'll have a few riffs and then I'll put it together and add little things. It's amazing how little fills can make a song so much more interesting!
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Man, I can't get over Jeff's music! Jeremy, Why Go, Low Light, Sleight of Hand, Unemployable, Nothing As It Seems...just amazing songs! There's a certain vibe with them (anyone know what I'm talking about?) and a feeling I get when I listen to them. Also, when Mike's fills and solos in these are particularly some of my favorites. Whether it's the fill in Unemployable (that inspired me to write "To Me") or the volume swells in some live versions of Low Light, or the hardcore trem picking/whammy dives in Jeremy, it gives ME confidence in playing originals that members of my band have written and asked me to take part in. Up until a few months ago, I wrote all the songs but now, we've (particularly our bassist) has been writing and writing. He'll have a few riffs and then I'll put it together and add little things. It's amazing how little fills can make a song so much more interesting!
    Agreed man. Fills can make a song so much more interesting every time. That's one of the things that makes a great guitarist!
  • Man, I can't get over Jeff's music! Jeremy, Why Go, Low Light, Sleight of Hand, Unemployable, Nothing As It Seems...just amazing songs! There's a certain vibe with them (anyone know what I'm talking about?) and a feeling I get when I listen to them. Also, when Mike's fills and solos in these are particularly some of my favorites. Whether it's the fill in Unemployable (that inspired me to write "To Me") or the volume swells in some live versions of Low Light, or the hardcore trem picking/whammy dives in Jeremy, it gives ME confidence in playing originals that members of my band have written and asked me to take part in. Up until a few months ago, I wrote all the songs but now, we've (particularly our bassist) has been writing and writing. He'll have a few riffs and then I'll put it together and add little things. It's amazing how little fills can make a song so much more interesting!
    Spot on. Unemployable is a Matt/Mike song though ;)
  • Hebejebe wrote:
    Spot on. Unemployable is a Matt/Mike song though ;)
    Man, you're right. I thought I read that Jeff wrote it, hmm. I'll retract my statement on Ament writing Unemployable
  • Jam10 wrote:
    Agreed man. Fills can make a song so much more interesting every time. That's one of the things that makes a great guitarist!
    I agree ! There is always so much talk about who wrote the song, or I love Stone's riff, etc. Mike is very talented at coming up with just the right fill, or solo. I feel this talent of Mike's is often overlooked, and not appreciated.
  • Like I said earlier than little fill in Unemployable caused me to write a song. The fill Stone does in Jeremy (that really high thing after "Today") probably made that song, for me. It just fit so well.