Options

Advice for Fan Ticket Newbies

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,545
edited April 2008 in The Porch
This'll be my first time using fan club tickets and am hoping some of you old timer can give us some advice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Bring a photo ID to claim it

that is about all I can think of
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Not really much advice to give since getting there early doesn't effect seating anymore.

Just go to the will call window, give them your ID, get your tix, open them up, smile, line up, go inside, buy some shit, wait for the band to come out and rock your face off.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Not much advice to give. You show up, show your ID, get your tickets and you're good! :) End of story. Oh, and have a great time! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Are there chairs on the floor?
  • Options

yes...

personally i like having them there, but others don't...

I like ordered chaos I guess.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yes, but no one sits in them. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Yes, but no one sits in them. :D

wow. didn't think they'd be there. hmm. so, how hard is it to rock out with them there? do the seat fold up to take up less room.

(I know. I know. A lot of questions. But I'm really excited. Second PJ show ever. First one on the floor)
  • Options
    wow. didn't think they'd be there. hmm. so, how hard is it to rock out with them there? do the seat fold up to take up less room.

(I know. I know. A lot of questions. But I'm really excited. Second PJ show ever. First one on the floor)

yah you can stand in front of the chair, no one sits.

just curious what show are you going to and what is your fan club number, there's a chance that you might not be on the floor if you have a higher number.
  • Options
    yah you can stand in front of the chair, no one sits.

just curious what show are you going to and what is your fan club number, there's a chance that you might not be on the floor if you have a higher number.

I have a really high number (408XXX) but I'm going to the Tampa and SC show. Neither one sold out the FC tickets so I got my hopes up a little that I'll be down on the floor.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    if you get to the ticket window early, it won't help your 10c seat location. your 10c tix will be in an envelope printed with your name. or so it was ago.

if you hang early, out about the place, you might get lucky and get a front row ticket.

be kind to the people you meet. you never know when someone will be kind to you.

btw, pj rocks every chair.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    I have a really high number (408XXX) but I'm going to the Tampa and SC show. Neither one sold out the FC tickets so I got my hopes up a little that I'll be down on the floor.

Am I being realistic?
  • Options

it's a possibility but don't be surprised if you get side stage seats, which are (in my opinion) much better than the back of the floor.
  • Options
    No, we get couches.
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    it's a possibility but don't be surprised if you get side stage seats, which are (in my opinion) much better than the back of the floor.

That would be awesome! I think I'm gonna have atleast DECENT seat for one show. Neither seem to be all that popular and neither sold that fast.
  • Options
    dont sing out of key
    hahaha

that sucks when that happens

but just have fun.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Not PavedNot Paved Posts: 45
    Just go to the will call window, give them your ID, get your tix, open them up, smile, line up, go inside, buy some shit, wait for the band to come out and rock your face off.
    Yup, about right. Maybe add a "thank you" for the folks behind the ticketing window.

Others:
    - Give some of your excitement back to the opening act. At least a respectful reception, rock out if you're into them.
    - Keep your eyes open. Example: Jeff hanging out in the fan club seats taking photos of the opening act (Buzzcocks, Montreal 2003).
    - Acknowledge the fellow fans in the seats around you... if not with an introduction, at least a stupid grin. :)
  • Options
    NotPaved wrote:
    Yup, about right. Maybe add a "thank you" for the folks behind the ticketing window.

Others:
    - Give some of your excitement back to the opening act. At least a respectful reception, rock out if you're into them.
    - Keep your eyes open. Example: Jeff hanging out in the fan club seats taking photos of the opening act (Buzzcocks, Montreal 2003).
    - Acknowledge the fellow fans in the seats around you... if not with an introduction, at least a stupid grin. :)

Story that "acknowledge the fellow fans" reminded me of:

My first show (and only PJ show) was the VFC Kiss, FL show of 04. Before that I'd just listen to boots read stuff on fivehorzins...etc, so I was pretty familiar with YL being the usual show closer. Anyway, after the first set the guys walk off stage. I see this group of 3-4 people start to gather up their stuff, and it's pretty obvious they're going to bail. I looked over at them and yelled "Don't move anywhere! I haven't heard no fucking Yellow Ledbetter yet!" they look at me pretty dumbfounded but I just give them this "Trust me" look. You should have seen the gratefulness in their faces when the guys came back out.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191

I agree. I got side stage seats for most shows I went to in 03, which I liked better than the middle of the floor seats I got in 06.

My wife is kinda short and couldn't see much from the floor.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    I agree. I got side stage seats for most shows I went to in 03, which I liked better than the middle of the floor seats I got in 06.

My wife is kinda short and couldn't see much from the floor.

yeah, if you are short, anything further back than 4th-5th row or so on the floor makes it impossible to see...

worst PJ fan club tix show experience was at the Camden venue i don't know how many years ago (maybe the year it rained all day?)...spent ALL DAY waiting for tix both shows, back when waiting all day earned you a better seat, only to find myself 7th row in a pit behind a bunch of tall college students waving their beers around. I couldn't see a thing. I am not talking about having to keep moving my head around to see between them, I mean that I don't think i actually saw any of the band members on stage all night...

no no, I am not bitching...I have also been front row more times than is probably fair (but I earned it!)
  • Options
    no no, I am not bitching...I have also been front row more times than is probably fair (but I earned it!)

and there's another piece of advice, sexual favors will get you front row tickets
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Lots of folks say don't get there early...well be sure not to get there 30 min before the show.......the 10c line can get long...and have been to a couple shows in which members were still in line waiting to get tix and missed beginning of show. I'd plan on 2 hours in advance of opening the gate...you pick up tix...and then go chill out somewhere...well you will though have this permanent shit eating grin......wonderful feeling.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I remember for an Irvine show getting shitty far back seats from the fan club, but they felt bad for it and gave me free lawn tix for the next days show. I though that was really cool. I have never had any stress getting tix at the venue from the 10c, so I anticipate you will be fine. Getting them earlier than later is always a better idea.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555

Totally agree. For the 2006 tour, I was on the side for LA I and I couldn't believe how great the seats were. For LA II, I was at the back of teh floor, which I believe may have technicnally been "better" seats, but I liked the side better.

You can't go wrong though, IMO.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]