Favorite guitar tone

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Of the three guitarists in Pearl Jam, which one has the coolest sound/tone you prefer? Mike, Ed, or Stone?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I like Stone's sound
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Mikes tone is alright. Now i love Mike, and absolutely think that he is awesome, but to me, it's like he has all these effects, and that he just uses them for the sake of using them sometimes. On some of his tunes, the effects work brilliantly, and others are just overkill. 99% of people in the crowd goes nuts over it though, so i guess he is only giving them what they want.

I'm not as big a fan of his current tone compared to his earlier work. Mikes best tone ever, imo, is on the mad season's only album. Classic standard strat sound, very, very SRV like. The effects on that album were brilliant.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I'm not as big a fan of his current tone compared to his earlier work. Mikes best tone ever, imo, is on the mad season's only album. Classic standard strat sound, very, very SRV like. The effects on that album were brilliant.

Agreed 100%. Now that you brought this up, I'm going to have to break out my VCR and watch "Live at the Moore".
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.