Signature accessories...

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
So many artists have a signature sound. Mike McCready has the univibe in his solos, Kurt Cobain had the Distortion/Chorus mix, Tom Morello has the wah, Hendrix had the wah. Bruce Springsteen, B.B. King, Tony Iommi, Angus Young, and Eric Clapton have their signature guitars. What are some other "signatures" to various artists?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    morello has the whammy.

matt bellamy (muse) is pretty famous for the whammy and the fuzz factory.
  • Frampton and the talkbox (although Joe Walsh and Stevie Wonder used it before him)
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Tom Scholz (Boston) The Rockman.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Frampton and the talkbox (although Joe Walsh and Stevie Wonder used it before him)
    Stevie Wonder used the talk box? Interesting... what song?
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    Townshend has the Flamenco....
  • Omar Rodriguez has that freakin' plethora of pedals
  • The Edge has got the delay.
  • How could I forget...

Eddie Van Halen had the Phaser and Flanger
  • john frusciante has the play like hillel slovak
  • Stevie Wonder used the talk box? Interesting... what song?

Not sure which songs but it was on the album "Music of My Mind"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I must check this out.
  • I must check this out.

Search "Stevie Wonder Talk Box" on youtube and you'll find a few things.
  • Zakk Wylde has his LP's and distortion pedals