Christmas list!

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
As much as I hate the holiday, I am wondering what people are asking Santa for. Sorry, if you don't celebrate Christmas but anyway, what gear are on the lists for Christmas this year?

I think the only thing I'm looking for are cases and possibly a better pedal tuner.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hmmm .. all of this stuff probobly isn't possible .. but i'm even including the "maybe's" on this ..

new pedal case [larger one]
    digitech whammy pedal
    boss tr-2 tremolo
    mxr dyna comp
    dod equalizer

ibanez AEF37E electric/acoustic. thats a definite. i looove that guitar. probboly going to sell my old electric/acoustic once i get it.

possibly a new electric .. thinking the gibson faded sg special worn white with the 3 humbuckers.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • hmmm .. all of this stuff probobly isn't possible .. but i'm even including the "maybe's" on this ..

new pedal case [larger one]
    digitech whammy pedal
    boss tr-2 tremolo
    mxr dyna comp
    dod equalizer

ibanez AEF37E electric/acoustic. thats a definite. i looove that guitar. probboly going to sell my old electric/acoustic once i get it.

possibly a new electric .. thinking the gibson faded sg special worn white with the 3 humbuckers.

You can make a pretty cheap pedal case with some wood and nails. It actually works better than most just because its custom made to fit your stuff. The BOSS TR-2 is awesome in my opinion. I just got one and love it. I've heard great things about the dyna comp and the DOD EQ. The Gibson SG, is that the same as the SG Les Paul?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i asked for any and all pedal kits from http://olcircuits.com/

i've already done the english channel and have the orange peel and matchbox in the mail.
  • You can make a pretty cheap pedal case with some wood and nails. It actually works better than most just because its custom made to fit your stuff. The BOSS TR-2 is awesome in my opinion. I just got one and love it. I've heard great things about the dyna comp and the DOD EQ. The Gibson SG, is that the same as the SG Les Paul?

thanks for all the info! i thought about making my own board. see right now i have the boss pedal board that came with all the wiring and power supply built into it, so if i made a new board, i would need a power supply. what would you suggest? somehting to plug the board into the amp, and guitar to the board [duh]. obivously all that good stuff. see i'm lazywith all that, i bought the pre wired one haha. it just bearly fits all my pedals now, so i'll need a knew one.

as far as the guitar, here it is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Special-Faded-3-Pickup-Electric-Guitar?sku=512799

but i'm having trouble deciding between that one, or the brown in this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

anyone know anything about these two, or played them. i wonder which is better and which looks better. i like the white, and the idea of three humbuckers, hence the reason i'm leaning towards that. however, today a friend of mine who played both said that the worn brown played great but didnt like the finish, and the worn white 3 humbucker looked great but sucked too much voltage. any thoughts?
  • thanks for all the info! i thought about making my own board. see right now i have the boss pedal board that came with all the wiring and power supply built into it, so if i made a new board, i would need a power supply. what would you suggest? somehting to plug the board into the amp, and guitar to the board [duh]. obivously all that good stuff. see i'm lazywith all that, i bought the pre wired one haha. it just bearly fits all my pedals now, so i'll need a knew one.

as far as the guitar, here it is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Special-Faded-3-Pickup-Electric-Guitar?sku=512799

but i'm having trouble deciding between that one, or the brown in this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

anyone know anything about these two, or played them. i wonder which is better and which looks better. i like the white, and the idea of three humbuckers, hence the reason i'm leaning towards that. however, today a friend of mine who played both said that the worn brown played great but didnt like the finish, and the worn white 3 humbucker looked great but sucked too much voltage. any thoughts?

I personally haven't played either but my friend is giving me his uncles Gibson SG Les Paul which looks a lot like the 3 pickup one. The pickups are a little nicer though in the Les Paul. As for the pedalboard, I use three "1 spot" power supplies with daisy chains. I just plug everything into a power strip. I used to have one mounted on my board. I connect everything with simple connector cords.

If you want, I can send you a picture of my board and show you how mine is set up.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I made this pedalboard from some wood that was lying around and bought some cheap $3 rugs from Lowe's and some rubber runner "for looks". it took all of 10 minutes to make and cost about $10. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Pontius2000/100_3368.jpg
    you can make a pedalboard as nice as you want and as big as you want and you won't have anywhere near the cost of those manufactured pedalboards
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I'm only going to put unreasonable things on my request list.

Duesenberg Star Player in ice pearl..........

http://www.duesenberg.de/duesenberg/en_hb_starplayertv.php

Semi-hollow with humbucker bridge and P90 neck. The humbucker was very much like the Filtertrons in my Gretsch.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    I made this pedalboard from some wood that was lying around and bought some cheap $3 rugs from Lowe's and some rubber runner "for looks". it took all of 10 minutes to make and cost about $10. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/Pontius2000/100_3368.jpg
    you can make a pedalboard as nice as you want and as big as you want and you won't have anywhere near the cost of those manufactured pedalboards

pretty neat, but what about travel?
  • I personally haven't played either but my friend is giving me his uncles Gibson SG Les Paul which looks a lot like the 3 pickup one. The pickups are a little nicer though in the Les Paul. As for the pedalboard, I use three "1 spot" power supplies with daisy chains. I just plug everything into a power strip. I used to have one mounted on my board. I connect everything with simple connector cords.

If you want, I can send you a picture of my board and show you how mine is set up.

yea i would really appreciate a pic!
  • http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/?action=view&slideshow=true

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/DSCN3439.jpg

it's changed a bit (pedal placement). I have a DD6 and TR-2 now and no Beringer because those are terrible.

I'll update it in a week or so.
  • My list :

-Fender strat USA or Gibson Firebird ( I can't figure out which one to get , been thinking over it for weeks/months now , one day its the Firebird , other day the strat -_- )

- Epi valve junior =D

Dimitri
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    My list :

-Fender strat USA or Gibson Firebird ( I can't figure out which one to get , been thinking over it for weeks/months now , one day its the Firebird , other day the strat -_- )

- Epi valve junior =D

Dimitri

2 very different sounds. That's what you need to use to decide.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    My list :

- Epi valve junior =D

Dimitri

2 very different sounds. That's what you need to use to decide.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Yeah , gonna check them out soon in the shop and try to play them :)

Dimi
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well i've got a Harely Benton GA5 all tube amp sitting in a cupboard waiting on me already.

i'd also like an Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/?action=view&slideshow=true

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/DSCN3439.jpg

it's changed a bit (pedal placement). I have a DD6 and TR-2 now and no Beringer because those are terrible.

I'll update it in a week or so.

thats really neat. and damn what a pedal collection! but the only thing is what about travel. when you go somewhere how do you pack it all up?
  • thats really neat. and damn what a pedal collection! but the only thing is what about travel. when you go somewhere how do you pack it all up?
    The extension of the board(the part you can see which is painted) folds under the main board. As for transporting the pedals, I have old cases. Video projector cases, you can pretty much use anything. A buddy of mine actually made his board to double as a carrying case. It's an angled board but it folds into a case.
  • 2 very different sounds. That's what you need to use to decide.
    I like the strat but like GTC said, two VERY different sounds and two different options of versatility
  • Which one would be most versatile ?
    I play blues , rock , little bit jazz , hardrock , some classic rock :)
    If it were 2 guitars with the same settings , I would go for the Firbird , it's like the ultimate dreamguitar qua looks ...

Dimitri
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I'm assuming you're talking about a USA Strat vs a Gibson Firebird. FBV will be a little more expensive, and they'll both be great guitars. The biggest factors I think are sound and feel. The Strat will give you single coils, the FBV has mini-humbuckers if I remember correct.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Yup , it's the studio FB and the MIA Strat ( usa )
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Which one would be most versatile ?
    I play blues , rock , little bit jazz , hardrock , some classic rock :)
    If it were 2 guitars with the same settings , I would go for the Firbird , it's like the ultimate dreamguitar qua looks ...

Dimitri

Blues, Rock and Classic rock can be covered by the strat. Obviously, just look at SRV, Hendrix, Clapton, John Mayer, David Gilmour, and Pete Townsend (more recent times).

IMHO, I'm not a huge fan of strats because I feel like they have a thin sound and get lost quite a bit in live situations. The only time they seem to cut through to me is in 3-piece blues bands and similar group situations. Thus, I personally prefer Pete Townshend's sound with the SG and LP to his newer strat tones.

I can see the firebird working for all of your musical needs. The other thing that you should consider is what guitars you currently have right now? If you have at least an "okay" humbucking guitar, I'd go for the strat. If you have an "okay" single coil guitar, I'd get the Firebird. I was about to get an American Strat, then went for a Godin LG ( 2 humbuckers with coil splitting ), that way I've got the power that I like from the humbuckers, but can get the stratty tones at the flick of a switch.

Essentially, I feel like the firebird can do what the strat can do + more.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i want candy.

and socks.
  • brain of c wrote:
    i want candy.

and socks.
    I asked for socks as well!

Also, I like strats for blues.
  • ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    My list :

- Epi valve junior =D

Dimitri

I strongly suggest when you try out a firebird to put a strap on when you play it. This might change your mind in a hurry.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I'm thinking a Fulltone Soul Bender, and a 5E3 kit in a a version is all I need.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I stopped asking Santa for stuff when the prices started getting to a point where I felt ashamed to even think about asking anyone for anything.

My own personal list...things that Santa Me will be buying for me :D

Motorave LeMans - 1st one done up in korina. Will be here in January.
    Top Hat Emplexador MK II - still trying to figure out how to bring that one home.

4x12 w/ Celestion Golds - currently pulling as much OT at work as possible to make this one happen.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    I stopped asking Santa for stuff when the prices started getting to a point where I felt ashamed to even think about asking anyone for anything.
    hahahah