I bought a DD-6 and TR-2

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Both seem to be good pedals. Any thoughts on them?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    always liked the TR-2 and would have bought another if i hadn't built my own trem. some say it could benefit from a volume control as some trem pedals have.

never looked at the DD-6 as i have a DD-20 but i know people like them.

i bought one of these today, incidentally it has trem too.
    http://ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F001%5FXO%5FLine%2F56%5FHoly%5FStain
  • I tried one of those and if it wasn't so expensive, I would have gotten one in a heartbeat! Those things were AWESOME!
    the holy stain? how much were they charging? mine was only $100. mind you, expensive if you'd just bought a TR-2 and DD-6 as well.
  • i absolutely love my dd-6. thinking bout getting the tr-2. i'm trying to get a lot of tom morello type stuff, because i am customizing a strat, installing morello's exact pickups, putting in a killswitch, and i want to get the tr-2 and whammy pedal eventually.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • exhausted wrote:
    the holy stain? how much were they charging? mine was only $100. mind you, expensive if you'd just bought a TR-2 and DD-6 as well.
    It was about 150
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    It was about 150
    i paid $130 for my DD-20. wicked cool. easily the best delay pedal I have ever used.

Edited to say that was $130 AUS Dollars not US.
    It was about 150

wow. they should be like $98US.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Yup - the DD-6 is very nice.
    I wish the TR-2 had a volume control as there can be issues.
    I'm personally thinking about building a trem with a master volume.
    My only complaint about Boss pedals is that they're NOT true bypass.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • My newer TR2 doesn't have the volume cut. I read a review that said BOSS fixed the problem apparently. The DD-6 was listed at like 170 USD but I guess it was knocked down a bit.
  • My newer TR2 doesn't have the volume cut. I read a review that said BOSS fixed the problem apparently. The DD-6 was listed at like 170 USD but I guess it was knocked down a bit.
    Ooo, any more sources on that TR-2 comment? I love my DD-6, great sounding and versatile pedal.
  • Ooo, any more sources on that TR-2 comment? I love my DD-6, great sounding and versatile pedal.
    I just checked harmony-central user reviews. I'm sure there are more reviews of it out there. If you check them out at local shops, I'm sure you could tell. The only thing I caution you about is getting the newer one. Apparently people don't have this problem with the newer ones.