Just got the new Deep mag...

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
There's some neat photos. One has Mike sitting and playing and you can see his board from the Euro tour. Also, there is a shot of Eddie with an LP(!?) I didn't know he played those...The poster is a shot of Jeff with his stand up bass and the reverse side is of Mike and Ed playing 'Lukin' acoustic (as seen in the new DVD).
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Also, there is a shot of Eddie with an LP(!?) I didn't know he played those... (as seen in the new DVD).

Ed plays a Les Paul for "Immortality" on the new DVD. Maybe my favorite segment on it.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Ed plays a Les Paul for "Immortality" on the new DVD. Maybe my favorite segment on it.
    and comeback
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • wtf is up with the avocado eddie?
    +1...I mean, it's cool and all just very WEIRD to see him with a strat and an LP...are they his or is he stealing them from Mike and Stone?
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tk654dzSHWs

At the end of that whole thing, Eddie picks up an LP(!) for RVM. It's got a #5 and from what I remember, Stone has a #3 LP. Any signifficance to this?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Is the les Paul the Wine Red Deluxe with the number on it?

If so it's the Pete Townsend model from the Gibson custom shop. P90's with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the middle of the two. I think it was probably the "Changing Faces" touring when Pete switched to the Schecters.

The Deluxes with the numbers would have been 70's Pete Gear. The SG and Hiwatt is strait up Live at the Isle of Wight sound... now... why we haven't seen Ed bust out a Superfuzz is beyond me. I think he should add that.

Eventually Ed will come on over to the Dark Side and start playing strats with power bridges in them like Pete is now and get Pete Cornish to start building his pedal boards.

Yeah, lets see a back wall of Vibro kings and maybe a nice green DC 30! :D

Mike and Stone can both Rock Mad Professors. http://www.mpamp.com/amp/index.html

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Pete-Townshend-LP-Deluxe-3?sku=517229&src=3SOSWXXA

I'm sure the originals are around somewhere too maybe, Pete did destroy a few Les Pauls.

He had numbers on them to tell which one was which easily. Probably had favorites and or different tunings and setups. Pete is one of the best tone hounds you'll run into. The guy has a sound and he knows how to get it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks for the clarification. The Townsend sig seems right