I've said it before but I'm going to say it again

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thank you to all the people on this board. You've helped me in finding guitars, given advice on equipment, helped me fix broken pedals, and given me tips on playing. A year ago, I said I had the final and perfect rig. I forgot who said it but they replied saying a rig is never final. Of course, they were right. Again, thanks for the help!
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Giving up on buying gear is like giving up wanking.

I know how hard it is mate, I gave it up yesterday myself.

What did you buy now ??

I made another purchase this week too, but it's not as exciting because I am replacing something I had, and sold only to regret it.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Giving up on buying gear is like giving up wanking.

I know how hard it is mate, I gave it up yesterday myself.

What did you buy now ??

I made another purchase this week too, but it's not as exciting because I am replacing something I had, and sold only to regret it.
    What'dyou buy?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I cant see me buying another guitar or amp for a while cause im very happy with my purchases this year... but there are always pedals and stuff to be had. :D

Most of my decisions have come asking questions on here so i guess here's a thanks from me too.

:)
    What'dyou buy?

Another Mesa Dual Rectifier. I came with a 2x12 rectifier cab, which I wanted. I really want a Road King in red crocodile skin. I still may order one to pick up in LA in Feb, nd sell teh head, keeping the cab. Those cabs are $1600 here in oz, whichis criminal. I have a major beef wiht teh Mesa importeer here. No movement in prices, despite a massive change in teh exchange rate, and they only give 1 yr warranty compared to teh 5 yrs Mesa give in teh US.
    They claim they have to change teh trannys but that is crap cos teh Oz ones are made for export with the correct transformer.
    I am a bit stoked to have a Rectifier back in the fold. I haev learnt so much about amps since I sold it last year.
    I was trying out a Stiletto one day, and spent ages with it, getting the tones I wanted, but still wanting more.. Then I plugged into a Rectifier, and it was instant bliss.
    They are an animal, but I LOVE horsepower !!

I play a lot of different styles. Everything from Man of the Hour to Harvester of Sorrow, so I like to have a big tonal range to work with. It's my only hobby I spend money on, and unlike racing ANYTHING, the money is always there to recoup if I need to.
    Thank you to all the people on this board. You've helped me in finding guitars, given advice on equipment, helped me fix broken pedals, and given me tips on playing. A year ago, I said I had the final and perfect rig. I forgot who said it but they replied saying a rig is never final. Of course, they were right. Again, thanks for the help!

So what did you buy ?? Or what do you want ??
  • I made another purchase this week too, but it's not as exciting because I am replacing something I had, and sold only to regret it.

I know how you feel. I used to have a really nice neck thru Spector bass that I got a deal on. Sick cherry quilted finish, brass nut, EMG's, and just looks that almost made me wanna @#$% it. I sold it to pay for a speeding ticket when i was 17 and i regret it so much. I used to get compliments on it by everyone, musician or not. Now I can't find one like it anywhere. Luckily, it was a Mesa you let go of that was easier to replace, although expensive.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • So what did you buy ?? Or what do you want ??
    I got the Epiphone LP-100 and the SquierAffinity Telecaster. They're amazing On top of that, I bought a bunch of strings, picks, and I'm planning on buying more cables and cases. A lot of these are little things but they will add up. I've got an addiction...an expensive one and it's hard to break :(
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    I know how you feel. I used to have a really nice neck thru Spector bass that I got a deal on. Sick cherry quilted finish, brass nut, EMG's, and just looks that almost made me wanna @#$% it. I sold it to pay for a speeding ticket when i was 17 and i regret it so much. I used to get compliments on it by everyone, musician or not. Now I can't find one like it anywhere. Luckily, it was a Mesa you let go of that was easier to replace, although expensive.

Yeah, I sold it to buy my purple Gretsch. It was a one offchance to get teh Gretsch at half retail, and I knew I could get back into teh Mesa if I wanted to anytime. If it was something special, like your bass, I would not have done it. I don't regret doing teh swap for the Gretsch, it's a smashing guitar that I adore and play a lot.
    That sounds like a really nice bass you had to sell, any pics ??
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    The one thing I recommend you don't do is go and join the gear page. Honestly if it wasn't for the gear page I wouldn't be as gear obsessed as I am now. I went from having a single Boss DS-1 last summer to having a 9 pedal pedalboard, including some pricer stuff like an MXR Chorus, Fulltone OCD and a DD-20. Myself one year ago is wondering what happened to me.

I'm happy though. :)
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1