Cheap cases

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Now that I have enough guitars(like that's possible), I have no cases. Does anyone know where I can get cases or gig bags for a low price?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Gig bags will run you next to nothing, and you can probably pick up decent cases for your LP and Tele for around $60 if you look hard. I can actually sell you my old gig bag if you want but after shipping it wouldn't even save you that much. Just go on craigslist or something and look around. You can probably find a decent gigbag for $20 or something.

I got my acoustic soft case at a local shop for $40, my Strat came with a gig bag, my LP came with a molded hardcase, and I eventually bought an upgraded hard case for my Strat, a Gator Case from MF for like $70 or something.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Would a regular gigbag work for an LP?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I got a nice hardshell case for my epi lp ultra for $60 from a local store, musiciansfriend should have them for about the same price.
  • That reminds me. I need a new gigbag for my twelve-string. It'll need bigger headstock room though.
  • Would a regular gigbag work for an LP?

i would say if your careful with it and arn't taking it places, you could get away with using a gig bag but, things always seem to happen when guitars are in gig bags... like someone stepping on it or putting other heavy gear close to or on it... so, it's probably a better idea to get a hard case so, it pretty much can't get hurt taking it places.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914