There goes my paycheck...oh the possibilities of not having a girlfriend...

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
As I posted earlier, I bought a tele...well...I've wanted a Les Paul for a while so I got one too. Any opinions??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-100-Black-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ120166978742QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(and the title should be "Oh the possibilites FROM not having a girlfriend...)
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    You're just all over the place, huh?

I've got an Epi Standard which I like. I bought it on here from ?ing my education, and he replaced the pickups with a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge. They sound pretty good compared to the stock pickups. The stock pickups in your 100 are going to sound kind of bland IMO, I'd try switching them out with something more substantial. To be honest, apart from the finish, if you set it up well with a good nut, tuners, bridge, and pickups (say, Gibson Burstbuckers?) you'll have a LP-studio level guitar at maybe half the price.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • YES!!!!

It seems like with both these guitars, I'm gonna need new humbuckers
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    congrats... I look forward to all the EMEK poster I'll start buying when I'm single again, but I don't look forward to being single...
  • And one of the LP's came in. I'm surprised at how light it is. The pick ups sound okay...kinda weak though. Any ideas for a Les Paul??