I Finally Got One!!!!

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I can't believe it but...I got a tele!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SQUIER-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ190156410017QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any thoughts/opinions??

(I feel like Ed...sorta..since I have an SG AND a Tele :) )
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You'll like it. Whether you want to replace the pups, pots and etc or not, Squier's have a lot of potential.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Its just like the 1 ive got,the bridge pickups arnt so good,Ive put a seymour dunc hotrail in there and it sounds amazing now.Good guitar anyway.Enjoy.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I've always wanted a tele. Maybe it's about time I get one.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    There's just something about Tele's... the look, the sound, the way they feel... gotta love em! Congrats!

Viva la Tele!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • What is the difference between the Maple and Rosewood fret boards by the way? This is my first Maple...
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I can't really talk about the difference between maple and rosewood, but I can tell you that I played a Squier Tele pretty close to that one, just red, and it felt/sounded pretty damn good for a "cheap" guitar. You'll definitely like it. Just swap out the pups when you have a little cash and you'll probably keep it for a long while.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    I can't really talk about the difference between maple and rosewood, but I can tell you that I played a Squier Tele pretty close to that one, just red, and it felt/sounded pretty damn good for a "cheap" guitar. You'll definitely like it. Just swap out the pups when you have a little cash and you'll probably keep it for a long while.
    Pups are just the pick ups, right? What should I switch them too(brand, type?)
  • Pups are just the pick ups, right? What should I switch them too(brand, type?)

I'm not a big fan of hum so Dimarzio Area T's would be my recommendation. That all depends of course on how you feel about hum.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I hate hum.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    These sound really good: http://www.fralinpickups.com/telestyle_ho.asp

But if you want hum canceling then you'll want to go with single-coil sized humbuckers.
    Here's Seymour Duncans: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/
    Check these guys out (nice pickups, I own a pair of fast-tracks): http://www.dimarzio.com/
    These are also nice: http://www.joebarden.com/main.php?section=Products&pageID=Danny%20Gatton%20T-Style
    I have a tendency to use strat pickups in my tele's to give them not as quite a punchy sound as a
    typical tele (but you might have to do some re-sizing since most strat pickups are a little bigger).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Thanks everyone!
  • ianvomsaal wrote:

always a good choice...
  • Maple fretboards aren't usually as "warm" as rosewood, at least thats how it is with my basses
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I just got myself my first Tele too ('72 Custom RI) and loving it.
    Think i might be changing the humbucker to one of those hot rail dealies but even with the muddy sound from the one in the guitar already, this is my fav guitar ive owned.
  • put a seymour duncan hotrails in the bridge and it will rock.

and i think rosewoods tend to give a slightly darker or more heavy sound than maple fretboards do.
    im awesome
  • IT CAME IN AND SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!! I don't think I'm going to change the pickups at all because of how amazing they sound. There is NO hum from this guitar at all!!!!! I get the same tone Ed gets for Betterman!!!! I'm so glad I got a tele...a whole new world has been opened :)