Danelctro Milkshake Chorus

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
This has been my "vibe" effect for a while. It won't turn off now and I can't fix it. I opened it up to find somewhat of a liquid substance in it with dirt. I cleaned it off but I still can't get the darn thing to actually turn off. Is there way I can fix this? I don't want to have to buy a new one because while they're cheap, I don't have the big funds at the moment.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No clue what that could be. I'm not aware of any liquids used in electronics components like that. Was the stuff on the PCB? If so you may want to consider cleaning it with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol. All you do is dab it on and the alcohol will evaporate as it cleans. You might want to look up on google how to do this exactly.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Good idea. I think it was on the chip. Thanks :)
  • Novawind wrote:
    No clue what that could be. I'm not aware of any liquids used in electronics components like that. Was the stuff on the PCB? If so you may want to consider cleaning it with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol. All you do is dab it on and the alcohol will evaporate as it cleans. You might want to look up on google how to do this exactly.
    I used Hydrogen Peroxide and while I can't try it yet, I was able to turn the effect off. Thanks SOOO much for the help!!!