What pedal(s) are used on this?

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, does anyone know how to replicate the sound that is made during the live versions of Nothing as it seems, and Army Reserve. During Nothing as it Seems, I think it is Mike who uses a phaser and somthing else before the third chorus. I cant really explain where it is except that it is after the "Savin' up a sunny, maybe somthin' two tone" part. I think it's a rotary effect or somthing. It's also found somtimes during the end solo in Army Reserve live (i.e. Boston 5-25-06). I dont know how to replicate it or if anyone knows what the hell I am talking about, but I'd appreciate it if someone could help me get the sound. I have the Digitech hyper phase-X series, two chours pedals, a wah, and the tube screamer. I think those are what I need to do it but I dont know the settings. Also, during the studio version of Nothing as it Seems, there is one note played right before the first solo following the first chorus. I like the sound of that too. I know the Fender Blender is used but I only have a DS-1 and OC-2 for that sound. Any way I can replicate it? The pedal settings would be great if someone could help. Thank you!
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I know the Fender Blender is used

That's what I was going to say.....

On giventowail they call the Fender Blender the "Nothing As It Seems" pedal...
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I have a Fender Blender, I've been looking to sell it if you're interested.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    moster78 wrote:
    I have a Fender Blender, I've been looking to sell it if you're interested.

I'm in the market for somthing like it. I dont have a lot of money to buy but how much are you going for? I am very interested.
  • After 2000, Mike hasn't used the Fender Blender live at all, so he is probably just adding a lot of gain without the sustain when they play NAIS live.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I'm in the market for somthing like it. I dont have a lot of money to buy but how much are you going for? I am very interested.

They retail for like $150 US, I'm looking to get rid of it for $100, shipping included.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    moster78 wrote:
    They retail for like $150 US, I'm looking to get rid of it for $100, shipping included.

Let me talk to my parents tonight because that seems REALLY good. I'll get back to you tommorow. Thank you
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    I don't think this will help too much but I found this pic that might be interesting:
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2613/2423/640/IMG_0102.0.jpg
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
    Let me talk to my parents tonight because that seems REALLY good. I'll get back to you tommorow. Thank you

Cool, send me a PM or something.
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Isn't he also using a UniVibe effect in NAIS? Towards the end, he gives a haunting shriek w/ his guitar. I'm pretty sure it's a Univibe w/ some sort of distortion/octavia (or Fender Blender perhaps). Then again, I have a hard time diciphering effects.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • edpearson wrote:
    Isn't he also using a UniVibe effect in NAIS? Towards the end, he gives a haunting shriek w/ his guitar. I'm pretty sure it's a Univibe w/ some sort of distortion/octavia (or Fender Blender perhaps). Then again, I have a hard time diciphering effects.
    Fender Blender is an octave fuzz.

It's true that Mike hasn't used it live for a long time and I'm disapointed every time they play it (all 4 times :rolleyes: ) and the Flender is absent..

As for the dude wanting Monster's flender...

The Fender Blender is a nasty, nasty pedal. Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) uses the hell out of his live if that's any indication of how nasty.

It can be used in a subtle way, but it works best when it's tearing your head off.

I own one and I love it to death!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"