Pedal chain

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello all. I dont know too much about the placement of pedals in a pedal chain so I am asking for some help. What would be the ideal placement of these pedals in my chain to get a good PJ sound. Here's how they are now:

(1)Fender ST-1 Stage tuner-(2)DOD Ice Box Chorus-(3)Digitech X-Series Digi-Delay-(4)Denelectro Milkshake Chorus-(4)Digitech X-Series Hyper Phaze-(5)Boss DS-1 Distortion-(6)Boss OC-2 Octave-(7)Ibanez TS-5 Tube Screamer-(8)Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah.

I have them going into a Fender Roc-Pro 700. I also dont know which should go through the effects loop and what the seeting should be on the effects loop (level in the back of the amp). I am using a Fender Mustang, Fender Strat Squier(humbucker at bridge), Epiphone SG Special, and a custom guitar with a Gibson big block humbucker at the bridge and a seymor-duncan single coil at the neck. Pretty 'Nirvana-ish' sounding guitar. Anyway, That's what I am playing through. Also, if anyone can tell me certain pedal settings for various PJ songs, that would be greatly appreciate. I am getting an MXR Phase 90 too so I don't know where to put that in my chain either. Thanks so much for the help.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hello all. I dont know too much about the placement of pedals in a pedal chain so I am asking for some help. What would be the ideal placement of these pedals in my chain to get a good PJ sound. Here's how they are now:

(1)Fender ST-1 Stage tuner-(2)DOD Ice Box Chorus-(3)Digitech X-Series Digi-Delay-(4)Denelectro Milkshake Chorus-(4)Digitech X-Series Hyper Phaze-(5)Boss DS-1 Distortion-(6)Boss OC-2 Octave-(7)Ibanez TS-5 Tube Screamer-(8)Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah.

I have them going into a Fender Roc-Pro 700. I also dont know which should go through the effects loop and what the seeting should be on the effects loop (level in the back of the amp). I am using a Fender Mustang, Fender Strat Squier(humbucker at bridge), Epiphone SG Special, and a custom guitar with a Gibson big block humbucker at the bridge and a seymor-duncan single coil at the neck. Pretty 'Nirvana-ish' sounding guitar. Anyway, That's what I am playing through. Also, if anyone can tell me certain pedal settings for various PJ songs, that would be greatly appreciate. I am getting an MXR Phase 90 too so I don't know where to put that in my chain either. Thanks so much for the help.

Put the delay the chorus and the phase in the loop, play around with the order.

In to the amp I would go from your guitar to your amp... Wah -TS5-DS1-OC2 - amp, but experiment, maybe try the OC2 in the loop too.

Do not put the wah in the loop.

Run the TS5 volume 10 tone (to ear), gain maybe 2 or 3 and then run the DS1 Volume 10 tone (to ear) gain maybe 4.5 Try that out, that might work for you.

Run the amp loud and semi clean on the clean channel, gain maybe 3.5 other than that, play around, don't be afraid to turn knobs or have someone else turn them while you play, that's how you will find the right tones.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Put the delay the chorus and the phase in the loop, play around with the order.

In to the amp I would go from your guitar to your amp... Wah -TS5-DS1-OC2 - amp, but experiment, maybe try the OC2 in the loop too.

Do not put the wah in the loop.

Run the TS5 volume 10 tone (to ear), gain maybe 2 or 3 and then run the DS1 Volume 10 tone (to ear) gain maybe 4.5 Try that out, that might work for you.

Run the amp loud and semi clean on the clean channel, gain maybe 3.5 other than that, play around, don't be afraid to turn knobs or have someone else turn them while you play, that's how you will find the right tones.

Thanks a lot, I'll try it out!
  • Bump
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Awww, memory lane...first post... *sniff*...

I remember searching and finding nothing about effects loops so I asked.