So I got very angry

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Long story short, I saw something from my ex girlfriend and got pissed off. I played a song of mine and at the end, I threw my beloved strat squier on the ground. It landed headstock. There are cracks on both sides of the "dock" area. I don't know if it's just the paint that is cracked or if it went all the way through. I tried to bend a bit on it but I'm terrified I broke the guitar. Is there anyway to check how deep the crack is? It looks like a hairline fracture.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i would take it to a tech and let them look at it. that way if it is broken they can give you an estimate on what it would cost to fix it. gotta watch that temper man, we are not mccready or stone with unlimited resourses where if we break a guitar we can just go buy another one. we have to pay money to get stuff fixed when we break it.

i hope its nothing major or expensive.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, the good news is, strat bodies are cheap and plentiful.
  • Thank you both. I appreciate it.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i did the same thing once. always regretted it. not huge damage but it was still regrettable.

but yeah, if the body is cracked, a new fender body on ebay is under 200 easily.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I've done that before, so i know how you feel. The worse thing is, that i knew it was wrong, but i couldn't stop myself, it was like i was hurting so i hurt myself even more by smashing my guitar because it was something that made me happy. It's funny how we react in some situations and act totally out of character. I felt awful after. Never again.

Hopefully it's not too bad and you can get it fixed/replaced, without too much expense.
  • It looks like I don't need to replace or do anything at the moment. I'm nervous about it but it looks to be okay. Pj_gurl, I agree, I knew it was wrong and it hurt even more. I totally agree with what you said-fit me perfectly.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    It looks like I don't need to replace or do anything at the moment. I'm nervous about it but it looks to be okay. Pj_gurl, I agree, I knew it was wrong and it hurt even more. I totally agree with what you said-fit me perfectly.
    That's good news that it all seems to be ok :)
  • I tried bending the neck but its still intact. Does this mean I'm pretty much okay for normal use (not throwing it around ant stuff?)