Ds-1

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
All right,my DS-1 crapped out. Basically, I used batteries and a power supply to test this. Anyway, I have it plugged into my rig and randomly it'll turn on and off and won't work. Even if you lightly tap on ANY PART of the pedal, it will turn on. I don't know if maybe somthing got crossed on the inside or anything. Can someone help and explain why this is happening. It's about 25 bux to take it into Marshall music and just have them look at it.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Without invoking rocket science, I would say there is a loose connection somewhere in the unit. It's just a matter of where.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    It would almost be cheaper to get a new DS-1. Or, possibly check out other distortion pedals if you wanted to try something new. If you decide to do that, you might as well take apart the DS-1 yourself first and see if you can fix it by finding the loose connection and making a new solder.

That same sort of thing happens with my car stereo. The left speaker cuts out sometimes, and all I have to do is tap the balance knob (not even move it) and the speaker comes back on.

Edit: Wait a second, doesn't Boss have a 5 year warranty on most compact pedals? If you still have the box/papers maybe they'll fix it for free.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Edit: Wait a second, doesn't Boss have a 5 year warranty on most compact pedals? If you still have the box/papers maybe they'll fix it for free.[/quote]
    YES!

YES, I FOUND IT! I got it back in 2004 so it should work! Thanks a lot!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy