Ibanez FL9

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I JUST purchased this pedal used for about 50 dollars (US). I was wondering if I could have anyones input or suggestions on the pedal itself (settings, value, good or bad). Thanks a lot!

(By the way, I would like to state publicly that I miss GTW.com)
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well, I love for one love my FL-9. I don't use it that often but, when I do, I'm happy. Conveniently, setting everything at twelve o'clock is a pretty good starting point. I usually end up with the speed around 2 o'clock, with the width, regeneration and delay time around 10. Unfortunately the switch on mine is broken at the moment, so I'm only going from memory but you can't go too far wrong. Turning the regen way up can get a bit muddy, though.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    Well, I love for one love my FL-9. I don't use it that often but, when I do, I'm happy. Conveniently, setting everything at twelve o'clock is a pretty good starting point. I usually end up with the speed around 2 o'clock, with the width, regeneration and delay time around 10. Unfortunately the switch on mine is broken at the moment, so I'm only going from memory but you can't go too far wrong. Turning the regen way up can get a bit muddy, though.

Thanks a lot. What does the delay feature do?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • all the pedals in the ibanez/maxon "9 series" are definately worth trying. a great run,and will continue to be used by people for decades. solid pedals.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Thanks a lot. What does the delay feature do?
    It's hard to explain. Flange itself is a time-delay effect but don't get too excited, you haven't bagged yourself a cheap analogue delay pedal. The delay time here is a matter of milliseconds.