Final Set Up!!!!!

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
All right, over the past few months, the amazing people in this message pit have helped me come to my final rig!!! Here it is!

Guitars-
Fender Strat-Squier(moded so actually sound and play VERY well)
Fender Mustang
Epiphone SG Special
Customly made gitar (Univox body, original 60's Gibson big block humbucker at bridge, single coil at neck)
Fender DG-8S Acoustic
Yamaha MB-3 Motion bass (1970's or 80's original)

Pedal set up---

Guitar->Danelectro Milkshake chorus(used like Mike's univibe)->Ibanez FL-9->Dunlop original crybaby Wah->Fender Blender->BOSS OC-2 Octave->Ibanez TS-5 Tube screamer->BOSS DS-1 Disortion->Fender ST-1 Stage tuner-> Amp

Effects loop---

Return->Digitech X-Series Digital Delay->DOD Ice Box Chorus->Digitech X-Series Hyper Phase->Send

Amps:

Fender Roc Pro 700(Line out into a Peavey TNT 130 bass amp)

I get some AMAZING sounds. I even get an acoustic feel with the bass amp and strat. I am diggin' the tones and the endless possible effect combinations. It's also louder than I could ever imagine. I am only worried that I might blow out the bass amp with distortion. The yellow 'comp' light goes off constantly but I have no clue what it means. Does anyone on here know what it means? Also, anmore suggestions as to what I can to make it even better?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's good to finally have the setup you want, isn't it!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haha. no such thing as a final set up. :D
  • Amateur Question Alert! This may be a simplistic question to most of you, but what is an effects loop and what's its purpose?
  • Amateur Question Alert! This may be a simplistic question to most of you, but what is an effects loop and what's its purpose?
    I dont know exactly but I know the delay works in both channels-I think the effects are mixed equally in both channels. I'd like to know for sure though!
  • It's good to finally have the setup you want, isn't it!
    Very much so. It's awesome to feel like a rockstar in my own house because of the sheer power of the equipment-given that it's not top of the line but I'd take it over most other things since I am more familiar with it
  • exhausted wrote:
    That's very true...I'm obsessed with pedals..I have a problem.
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    Amateur Question Alert! This may be a simplistic question to most of you, but what is an effects loop and what's its purpose?

i'm not the most knowledgable guy on here, but here is my answer. in any amp you have a pre-amp and a power amp. the effects loop allows you to have your guitar signal sent into the pre-amp then the effects then into the power amp. instead of guitar>effects>preamp>power amp.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • Very Nice Set up. Send Pics!!! I'm looking for a chorus and a delay, if you have suggestions...

Mine is:

Black Fender Strat w/black shield
    Sunburst Fender Tele Richie kotzen Signature(this is the beauty one!)
    Black takamine folk gseries(Korea...is not the best but very good cost/benefit relation)

AMP - Rivera rs155

Efects - MXR ZW-44
  • THat's awesome! I personally like the DOD Ice Box chorus and the Digitech digital delay or even the line 6 Echo park. BOSS makes a great analog delay though too and a great digital delay. What exactly does the MXR do?
  • THat's awesome! I personally like the DOD Ice Box chorus and the Digitech digital delay or even the line 6 Echo park. BOSS makes a great analog delay though too and a great digital delay. What exactly does the MXR do?

It's a Very Strong Overdrive... you can rear it at Black Label society songs...

I prefer it because the Rivera is very similar to a Fender Twin very crunchy.. i need something more heavy, with the tele i'm looking for the "Big Waves" sounds...
  • exhausted wrote:

Ya, that's true:D
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhausted wrote:
    Oh how true because I have JUST hooked up a BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive and a BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver to my set up. I now have WAY too many pedals in my chain...I think it's time I start to upgrade amps or somthing...possibly get that Les Paul I have been wanting for the past few years...or Telecaster
  • Oh how true because I have JUST hooked up a BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive and a BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver to my set up. I now have WAY too many pedals in my chain...I think it's time I start to upgrade amps or somthing...possibly get that Les Paul I have been wanting for the past few years...or Telecaster

All-tube is the only way to go with amps. Look at a fender HotRod Deluxe or a Blues Deluxe
  • My current setup with my band is as follows.

1991 Modded Fender Jap/Hardtail. 57/62 pickups. into:

>> Dunlop Crybaby 535 >>
    >> Ibanez TS-9 >>
    >> Ibanez CS-9 >> (cranked speed for Mccready cream effect)
    >> Line 6 MM4 >> (Light phaser, heavy phaser, slower chorus, univibe)
    >> Line 6 DL4 >> (light delay, phaser/delay, heavy delay)
    >> Eric Shannon Compressor >> (Ser. #: 022)

to my amp which is a Fender DeVille 410 Reissue.

i'm looking to find a pedal for boost, since i like running the dirty channel with the TS-9. Im looking into a Muff possibly, or even just a Boss DS-1. Possibly a Keeley as well. Im also looking to get the Keeley mod's for the MM/DL 4 pedals to clean them up just a bit, and to get rid of the volume loss when they are in opporation.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    exhausted wrote:

This was my thought as well. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Harrison, you put your compressor last? Interesting. Have you tried doing it first/last A/B style? Different results?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • My current setup with my band is as follows

i'm looking to find a pedal for boost, since i like running the dirty channel with the TS-9. Im looking into a Muff possibly, or even just a Boss DS-1. Possibly a Keeley as well. Im also looking to get the Keeley mod's for the MM/DL 4 pedals to clean them up just a bit, and to get rid of the volume loss when they are in opporation.

The BLues Driver is GREAT for that as I have tested. My friend has a Muff that sounds like crap with his Fender but some people out there love it. I dunno but the BD-2 is great for boosting. Mike uses a modded BD-2 from Keeley
  • exhausted wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. I've had the "Setup" about 3,000 different times in the past 10 years.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Novawind wrote:
    Harrison, you put your compressor last? Interesting. Have you tried doing it first/last A/B style? Different results?

i had it first, but it killed my tone too much i found. Its nice because it cuts out any sharp noises once i have a wah, delay, OD and even a modulation all running at the same time. I rarely run the compressor though. Its a realy nice unit, but i don't even find myself using it. I'd put it up for sale or trade....anybody interested? these things are a hit, just not my thing.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19