Nothing As It Seems

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
All right, when this song is played live, I noticed that our good friend, Mr. Stone Gossard, uses a strat. Does he use some kind of acoustic pedal to recreate the sound? If not, how does he get that cool sound out of a strat?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can I take this moment to say "Stone, Please just use an acoustic on this song".
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Can I take this moment to say "Stone, Please just use an acoustic on this song".
    for real.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • +1
  • jbdjbd Posts: 65
    Fuck no, his accoustic sounds like crap ! Daughter, Black, Crazy Mary, etc... It all sounded better with an electric !!
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • He probably uses the strat so he doesn't have to worry about feedback.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • He probably uses the strat so he doesn't have to worry about feedback.
    Wouldn't using the strat create more feedback??
  • No.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Wouldn't using the strat create more feedback??
    no, if it was an electro-acoustic it would have a tendency to feeback more than a strat would. the extra resonance in the soundhole causes them to squeal like fuck.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • VERY interesting! I didn't know that. So on an acoustic amp, is there reverb at all?
  • VERY interesting! I didn't know that. So on an acoustic amp, is there reverb at all?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    VERY interesting! I didn't know that. So on an acoustic amp, is there reverb at all?
    I'm pretty sure most good acoustic amps come with reverb
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure most good acoustic amps come with reverb
    pretty great sounding reverb too based on ones i've played.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I tried running an acoustic through an electric amp it sounded TERRIBLE. What's the difference?
  • I think there is a difference, personally. I mean, either way probably would suffice for me, but I'm pretty fuckin' happy with his on-going NAIS set-up. Hell, the whole band (well, of course Mike in particular) just absolutely kick so much ass playing this song live. Sorry, I don't really have much to contribute here other than I hope they play this song in Hawaii.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Those Fishman power bridges are pretty nifty. I used to have a Parker that had one. I could blend single coil and acoustic tones, or just have acoustic running.

Honestly though, it sounded more like a processed novelty than anything else, especially live.