Fender Mustang

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is one of my dream guitars. For a while, I was looking for some pick ups like Stone uses on Nothing as it Seems. I played my Mustang for the first time in a while(my strat is my main guitar. The Mustang also seems to be dying out on me when I bump the pick ups switches. I cant seem to fix it). ANYWAY, I pulled out the Stang and played none other than 'Nothing As It Seems'. Much to my surprise, I got the exact sound Stone gets. I figured I would let you all know for a couple reasons. One is in case you all wanted to know a substitute sound in terms of an acoustic. The other is because I don't know if that is the sound you should get from the guitar. Like I said, if I bump a switch so it's in between the pickup, the guitar just dies and goes out. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I have a '77 Mustang and I love it, but haven't played it much since I got my tele custom and my reissue strat. When the switches are both in the middle of the pickup, it's in the "off" position...as far as I know. It's when you move one or both to the left or right that you start getting sounds. So unless we both have switches that need changing, I think that the middle position is "off".
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Yeah, I know the middle position is off but like even in between those like it goes there frequently. The switches move out of place I guess.
  • I think Exhausted just bought one.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i don't have mine yet. :(

but i do have a right handed one (my son's future gift) and the both pups on / out of phase sound could pass for that sort of bad piezo acoustic sound.

as for the sound cutting out, sounds like the guitar wiring needs a going over.

as good as the quality of the japanese ones is (assuming it is a japanese reissue) the electronics are pretty bad in my opinion. i'll be rewiring mine when i get it.
  • Thanks a lot. How can I find the wiring diagrams?