xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You need more pedals! ;)

What do you have on there, on the current one? And What kind of guitars & amps?
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Very cool. Nice looking versatile pedalboard.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Current gear:

Amps: Fender Roc Pro 700(with a HUGE reverb tank)
    Vintage Peavey TNT 130 Bass amp(used as a GREAT cab and adds a great bass sound

Guitars: Fender Strat Squier(Gibson humbucker at bridge, VERY moded)
    Fender Mustang
    Custom made guitar(univox body, No-name neck, Santa Maria acoustic tuners, Fender Strat Single Coil, Single coil humbucker
    Fender D-100 Acoustic
    Vintage Yamaha MB-III Motion Bass
    Epiphone SG Special

Pedals: Effects Loop (Yellow numbered pedals): Digitech X-series Delay, Ibanez FL-9 Flange, Digitech X-Series Hyper Phase, DOD Ice Box Stereo Chours.

Regular line: BOSS OC-2 Octave, Behringer AM-100 Acoustic Sim, BOSS DS-1 Distortion, BOSS DS-1 Distortion, BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive(Moded), Ibanez TS-5 Tube Screamer, BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver, Fender Blender, Dunlop JD-4S Rotovibe(moded for GREAT leslie sim.), Dunlop GCB-95 Wah, Danelectro Milkshake Chorus(Great for the fast chorus Mike uses on his solos), Fender ST-1 Stage tuner.

Footswitch: Controls channel and reverb.

I need a better tuner but it works for now. This is my CURRENT board. The front was painted three years ago by a friend (who knew I'm obsessed with Jeff Hardy (WWE Wrestler), and then I extended it in April of 2007 and had another friend paint it. I'll put more pics up of my equipment sometime next week when I can get it all looking good (and by that, I mean get it all back from the shop).

I have a question though-I use GHS Boomers(tens) on my electrics but I recently had D'addario strings put on (tens as well). The feel of the D'Adarrio's is different than the gHs Boomers, is there a reason?
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Well, they don't exactly have a board at this point, but here's my setup:

DSC01527.jpg

MXR chorus is brand new from my parents, I love it. It adds a good thickness to my sound and if the rate is all the way up it does a nice vibrato thing.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Nice setup. I'm loving the pedals. Head to Lowes and get some wood, nails, spray paint and velcro and you can make one heck of a board.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Problem is I know I'll be adding stuff whenever I can, so I don't want to be constrained to a single board, ya know? Fulltone OCD, a flanger perhaps, BBE Sonic Stomp, etc. Plus I don't have access to power tools or a real place to use em, so maybe next year when I get a house with a garage I might embark on some projects like that.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    I just added onto mine.
  • ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    you can get that TS-5 modded for pretty cheap to sound like the TS-808. I did this, BIG improvement. google it.
    ezyrydr wrote:
    you can get that TS-5 modded for pretty cheap to sound like the TS-808. I did this, BIG improvement. google it.
    HELL YEAH!!!!! Thanks SO much. I heard the TS-5 could be modded but I never found out what to do!!!
  • ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    there are a few places to do it...

analog man does a nice job. you can send it to him (go to his website http://www.analogman.com/ts9.htm and click on mod form. he can do the mod for $45. it's cheaper than a new pedal that's for sure. A friend of mine has his modded somewhere else for around $30 but I don't know where he had it done.
  • Current gear:

... Dunlop JD-4S Rotovibe(moded for GREAT leslie sim.), Dunlop GCB-95 Wah, Danelectro Milkshake Chorus(Great for the fast chorus Mike uses on his solos), Fender ST-1 Stage tuner.

quote]

modded rotovibe... did you do it yourself???
    ThisIsNotAnExit

• modded rotovibe... did you do it yourself???
    ThisIsNotAnExit
    Yeah. I was on harmony-central and someone said they knew how to mod Rotovibes. I got the directions for it when I emailed the guy and he was really nice about EVERYTHING
    All right, here's a current shot of my pedalboard...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/Pedalboard.jpg
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001

i think you could use some more pedals ;)

it's looks really sweet though
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    stylo17 wrote:
    i think you could use some more pedals ;)

it's looks really sweet though

NO! He's fine where it is! Don't overkill! :) I'm sure you get some either realy nice tones or crazy tones out that.
    Dogman3 wrote:
    NO! He's fine where it is! Don't overkill! :) I'm sure you get some either realy nice tones or crazy tones out that.
    haha, yeah, I love my sound. I'm done getting gear for now though. My next purchases are picks, strings, a strap, and a couple gig bags.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    All that must totally drain your tone
    Django wrote:
    All that must totally drain your tone
    Actually, not...unless the digitech pedals are in use...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I bet you get some interesting tones happening there! and because i know you are a fan of this site and because i know that you can take a joke..

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/030903/i-will-play.gif
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I bet you get some interesting tones happening there! and because i know you are a fan of this site and because i know that you can take a joke..

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/030903/i-will-play.gif
    HAHAHA, I get that joke SO much...reminds me of the guy from the Mars Volta, haha!
    HAHAHA, I get that joke SO much...reminds me of the guy from the Mars Volta, haha!

lol yea Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. I don't really understand him - he says he hates the sound of a guitar and thats why he needs pedals. He says he can't live without them and that he wouldn't be playing if he didn't have them. kind of ironic don't you think??
    6/11/08 WPB

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Speaking of the Mars Volta:
    Omar is actually a really talented musician and guitarist. I recorded with him in his studio in LA a few years ago (I only did about an hour though).
    Yeah he's out there, but he does everything (he writes and arranges all parts), unfortunately most just doesn't translate very well for live shows.
    Whether he likes the guitar or not, he's very creative with it (Mars Volta is an experimental type jam band - I really liked De-Loused in the Comatorium).
    At the time of recording "De-Loused" the band didn't have a bass player, so Flea (RH Chili Peppers) actually played bass on nine of the ten songs on the LP.
    I hear Omar's gotten a lot more eccentric over the last couple years, but hey it's what works for them as a band (but strange they keep dumping members).

If you haven't heard them take a listen to this click: Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) - It honestly took me a few times to really appreciate it - The overall
    musicianship on this tune is brilliant (and the drummer really kicks ass) - the tunes got really great dynamics, and I love the breaks at 3:58 and then at 5:30.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Omar is actually a really talented musician and guitarist. I recorded with him in his studio in LA a few years ago (I only did about an hour though).
    Yeah he's out there, but he does everything (he writes and arranges all parts), unfortunately most just doesn't translate very well for live shows.
    Whether he likes the guitar or not, he's very creative with it (Mars Volta is an experimental type jam band - I really liked De-Loused in the Comatorium).
    At the time of recording "De-Loused" the band didn't have a bass player, so Flea (RH Chili Peppers) actually played bass on nine of the ten songs on the LP.
    I hear Omar's gotten a lot more eccentric over the last couple years, but hey it's what works for them as a band (but strange they keep dumping members).

If you haven't heard them take a listen to this click: Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) - It honestly took me a few times to really appreciate it - The overall
    musicianship on this tune is brilliant (and the drummer really kicks ass) - the tunes got really great dynamics, and I love the breaks at 3:58 and then at 5:30.

- Ian

oh yea to me I don't think there's a doubt that he's talented. he's definitely one of the most innovative guitarists out there. I personally love his cd "A Manual Dexterity: Soundtrack Volume One." but as a group The Mars Volta doesn't do it for me, I can't get used to the lead singer's voice.
    6/11/08 WPB

ianvomsaal wrote:

- Ian
    There's no doubt in my mind he is amazing at guitar. Actually, they were the first band I ever saw live when they opened for A Perfect Circle back in 2004. Very good show.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    click: Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) - It honestly took me a few times to really appreciate it - The overall

- Ian
    oh yeah ian i agree, i love that. the drummer is fanfreakintastic.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

nice, is that a soundtank echomachine next to the rotovibe?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice, is that a soundtank echomachine next to the rotovibe?
    Nope, it's just a tube screamer. It sounds awesome though. Our rhythm guitarist is thinking of getting an echomachine though.