Sweep echo

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is there a way I can get a "sweep echo" without actually buying ANOTHER delay?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-DL4-Delay-Guitar-Pedal?sku=150380

I've been searching for this sound for a while
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Try a phaser before or after your delays you have an see if you can play with the rates to get it right.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Have a go with a synth wah/envelope filter, too.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    a stereo setup if your current delay can do dry/wet outputs. put a phaser or flanger after the wet output to one amp. dry output to another amp.

other than modding the pedal to have an effect loop (a la the keeley DD-3) i don't know what else to try.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    It's more of a filter sound than a phaser sound. So same advice as above only try inserting a variable rate low pass filter instead of a phase. The Electrix Filter factory would probably fit the bill. (unless by not buying another delay you meant not buying anymore gear... in which case yeah... uh... no.)

The Line6 echo park does the sweep thing too for less loot.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I kinda got it for a while. I used the DD6 and FL-9 but I'll try to use a phaser with it. Thanks everyone
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy