Dream Rig

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
What's your DREAM rig? (Amps, pedals, guitars?)
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I pretty much have it... save a few odds and ends that I'd love to have available, the gear I WOULD use the most is the gear I already own.

The one guitar that kind of haunts me is a concept for a hybrid Strat/Tele, with a Tele-sillouette body but with Strat-style body contours (rolled edges, tummy and forearm cut), a pre-CBS Strat headstock on a rosewood fretboard, two Strat pickups in neck and middle position (likely Fralin Blues), either a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails or Harmonic Design S-90 in the bridge, and a non-trem bridge (unless I got a Bigsby, but I'd leave the arm off, and just keep the Bigs for added mass). Tele-style control plate, Tele-style pickguard, likely a Surf Green or Daphne Blue finish (artificially aged? perhaps...)

Not that I've put much thought into it.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I pretty much have it... save a few odds and ends that I'd love to have available, the gear I WOULD use the most is the gear I already own.

The one guitar that kind of haunts me is a concept for a hybrid Strat/Tele, with a Tele-sillouette body but with Strat-style body contours (rolled edges, tummy and forearm cut), a pre-CBS Strat headstock on a rosewood fretboard, two Strat pickups in neck and middle position (likely Fralin Blues), either a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails or Harmonic Design S-90 in the bridge, and a non-trem bridge (unless I got a Bigsby, but I'd leave the arm off, and just keep the Bigs for added mass). Tele-style control plate, Tele-style pickguard, likely a Surf Green or Daphne Blue finish (artificially aged? perhaps...)

What's your current rig?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I pretty much have it... save a few odds and ends that I'd love to have available, the gear I WOULD use the most is the gear I already own.

i have a telecaster body with strat contours (triple pickup too). 95 japanese telecaster. i found something on it once a long time ago but for the life of me i can't find it again. i've NEVER seen another one anywhere. i love it. got it for $450 about ten years ago. the guy said the only reason it was that cheap was the previous owner had taken some huge chunks out of the fiberglass/paint. it's dinged up a bunch. but i love it.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What's your current rig?

Oh, someone had to ask.

Guitars:

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop, stock neck pup, 57 Plus bridge pup
    Fender 72 Tele Deluxe RI, Fralin P-90 pups
    Fender MIM Strat, SCN pups in middle and neck, Hot Rails in bridge

Amps:

1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb, original, not RI (original speaker reconed)
    1965 Fender Vibro Champ, original, not RI (original speaker reconed, but Weber in the cab)
    (2) Sovtek Mig 50's, one heavily upgraded with CTS/Mauser parts, one bone stock
    Acoustic Control Corp 220

Cabs:
    Marshall 4x10 with stock Celestions
    Peavey 2x12 stereo, open top (Eminence Governor), sealed bottom (Eminence Swamp Thang)
    Sunn 6x10 (according to the guy I bought it from, loaded with JBL 10's)
    ...and a 12" monitor cab loaded with a Weber 12F100T, my secret weapon!

Effects:
    Ernie Ball Mono Volume
    Vox V847 Wah
    MXR Dyna Comp
    MXR Phase 90
    Keeley TS-9 Plus
    Keeley TS-9 Baked
    Line 6 Tap Tremolo
    Boss DD-6 Delay
    Line 6 VerbZilla
    Morley A-B-Y
    Power courtesy of Voodoo Labs PP2

Off the board:
    Shannon Overdrive
    Shannon UniPhase
    Electro Harmonix (Sovtek) Big Muff (vintage)

Drums:
    Sonor Force 2001; jazz dimensions
    Premier (model unk); standard sizes
    Pearl steel piccolo
    Sonor, Yamaha, Tama hardware
    Sabian/Zildjian brass

Kinda wish I had:
    Shannon Phaser (Eric? Any B-stock left?)
    ProCo Rat (it's kind of a crapshoot; some are terrible, some are awesome)
    Orange 2x12 with Greenbacks (or one GB, one V30)

Still really need:
    A bass that I won't regret
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.