Favorite Professional rig?

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited May 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Of all the artists and famous musicians out there, who's is your favorite?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anymore it's probably Tim Sult of Clutch for a guitar rig. Just fantastic classic tone. Good fuzz, good overdrive.

As for bass, there are a million folks out there with the best rig. P-bass through a 70's SVT head.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    neil young's rig makes me drool. it's old as shit, like him, beat to shit, like him, and ready to fall apart at any time, also like him (his playing).

i love it.
    hahaha, Does he only play that les paul? I heard he drives his tubes so hard, they catch fire which makes his tone amazing!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Gotta love David Gilmour's setup and tone. Simply tonal perfection.

Also: Trey Anastasio circa 93-97.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Gilmour's stage setup makes me drool uncontrollably... if you don't know who Pete Cornish is, he's my hero.

I was always just amazed by Jeff Ament's stage rig... while ATY has a point on bass tone (P-bass with an SVT is always a killer choice), Ames has some REALLY cool shit going on in his rig.

Then again, if I could get away with that stage volume, Angus Young.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Gilmour's stage setup makes me drool uncontrollably... if you don't know who Pete Cornish is, he's my hero.

I was always just amazed by Jeff Ament's stage rig... while ATY has a point on bass tone (P-bass with an SVT is always a killer choice), Ames has some REALLY cool shit going on in his rig.

Then again, if I could get away with that stage volume, Angus Young.

Those SWR 6x10s are flat out amazing. Fulltone Bass Drive sounds good when drive is needed, but for me just the amp turned up to the point where there is slight break up when going up the neck is all that's needed.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Have to agree with a vote for Gilmour, since I idolise everything about his playing, but i'm also a hopeless Hammett-head, so I have to put in a nod for him. Listen closely and it's not all high gain. I just love that screaming tone.
    Mike's 59 burst has to get a mention as well, as does Joe Bonamassa's four head rig with either his R9 or Gigliotti tele.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Gilmour's stage setup makes me drool uncontrollably... if you don't know who Pete Cornish is, he's my hero.
    oh god yes.
  • I really dig Mike Einziger and Joe Satriani's rigs. I love pedals and dislike racks.
    I really dig Mike Einziger and Joe Satriani's rigs. I love pedals and dislike racks.
    I agree with Mike's rig. Have you seen Omar's rig from the Mars Volta? It's overkill. I think I have JUST ENOUGH pedals before overkill. I also dislike rigs
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Well, regardless of what anyone thinks of his playing, I think it would be hard to turn down a chance to mess with Edge's rig. The guy travels with about 200 world class guitars, nearly a dozen amps, one of the best live sound guys in the business and oh yeah, nearly every pedal and rack effect ever invented. You could strip it down, get rid of 3/4 of it, and still have a(n over)killer rig.

+1 on Neil Young and Dave Gilmour... and oh what the hey, a nod for Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew.
    How about Billy Korrigan?
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    Anyone that has ever played guitar for the Black Crowes.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    IDgotI wrote:
    Well, regardless of what anyone thinks of his playing, I think it would be hard to turn down a chance to mess with Edge's rig. The guy travels with about 200 world class guitars, nearly a dozen amps, one of the best live sound guys in the business and oh yeah, nearly every pedal and rack effect ever invented. You could strip it down, get rid of 3/4 of it, and still have a(n over)killer rig.

+1 on Neil Young and Dave Gilmour... and oh what the hey, a nod for Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew.

I agree on the Edge.
    There is a lot of U2 hate on this board, but I love em. I bought a tab book recently, and have been fiddling with some of their songs. Edge sounds easy to play , until you try it, and then you suddenly realise that it is a bit more complex than it sounds, and less is definitely more.
    Subtle, but precise.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    How about Billy Korrigan?

Billy Corgan you mean?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"