The price of getting away

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
My girlfriend, of thirteen months, left me EARLY Sunday morning. A day after out thirteen month anniversary. I've been really down and I finally got out and decided to write some songs about it. I went out to the middle of nowhere and wrote two new songs. On my way home, I was singing 'Alive' in the car. I came to a blind intersection and I thought it was clear. Keep in mind I haven't been in this area EVER in my life. As I began to cross the intersection, a VW Jetta slammed into my Jeep and totalled BOTH vehicles. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured, my mouth is just cut up, I have a sore leg and arm, but the other driver was okay. Also, my guitar is okay. Well, after paying a speeding ticket this morning, I got another ticket for not giving the right of way. Oh well...I had to get this of my chest to keep my mind off the girlfriend.

In good news, I'm planning on recording a few new songs and I'll have them up by the end of the month, hopefully
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hey,
    Sorry that things are tough for you at the moment. Sometimes it seems like everything goes wrong at once and it's not fair, but just hang in there and things will get better. Probably doesn't seem like it, but they will. That's so great you are writing. I bet they are going to be awesome. Will watch out for them. Take care and i hope things get better for you soon.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    That really sucks man. Life goes on I suppose. Speeding ticket isn't the end of the world. I'd say the most important thing is that you're not hurt. Tragedy is probably the starting point of most songs ever written. I bet that's a really healthy outlet for dealing with what you're going through right now, so don't stop. I'll be happy to listen to it when it's "done" even though I'm sure you're gonna go back and change some of it later.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Thanks a lot. You both are awesome. I'm excited to finish writing the songs and put a drum and bass track to them. My friends dad is going to record them for me. It's hard figureing out titles though. Hearing 'Black' and 'Come Back' and seeing how poetic and beautiful they are...it's hard to put my emotion into something like that. I also am using an acoustic for writing which tears up my fingers terribly! Hopefully when I use the electric, my fingers will last~!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    hey... I'm glad you are okay.. things like that really put things in prospective. Good luck with your songs. I hope we get to hear them when they are done...

Keep your head up.. things can only go up from here!