McCready a Black Sabbath fan??

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I havent heard whether he is or not BUT....the ending of Alive from Pinkpop '92 sounds a LOT like the ending of "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath...coing-kie-dink??I think not...
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I don't recall him saying he's a fan, but hard to believe he doesn't like / respect in some form or fashion...
  • almost anyone who is a fan of rock music has to like sabbath in some way and tony iommi is an amazing guitarist.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • SwitchSwitch Posts: 119
    almost anyone who is a fan of rock music has to like sabbath in some way and tony iommi is an amazing guitarist.

And Geezer Butler an amazing bassist. He created some of the BEST lines i have ever heard, including some amazing bass solos that run beneath the guitar solos.
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    He was often playing something that souded very much like part of War Pigs during the Alive solo last year!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • i have heard mccready say that he comes from more of a metal background then the others in PJ - he is a big iron maiden fan so i dont see why he wouldnt like sabbath considering they more or less invented the genre.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog